Haulmark Toterhome questions

Mr&Mrs Duet

The boy is incredible and has what it takes but they just don't want to touch him because of a past injury that has healed.

Sorry to go so far off topic guys

Hey Charlie, no apology necessary. It's my thread and we can go wherever we want! :D

Your son sounds like a great young man.

Has he ever thought of becoming a Policeman? Many police departments that have aircraft will train one of their own to be a pilot, rather than take a rated aviator and train him to be a cop. Usually the officer will already have a private license. They just fund the training to upgrade. Maybe a back door into flying, but I've known more than a couple that way.

If nothing else, have him look into joining the EAA and building his own. With a sport pilots license it can be a "relatively" inexpensive way to fly.

Keith & Jodi
Fleetwood Expedition 34H

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Charlie, no apology necessary. It's my thread and we can go wherever we want! :D

Your son sounds like a great young man.

Has he ever thought of becoming a Policeman? Many police departments that have aircraft will train one of their own to be a pilot, rather than take a rated aviator and train him to be a cop. Usually the officer will already have a private license. They just fund the training to upgrade. Maybe a back door into flying, but I've known more than a couple that way.

If nothing else, have him look into joining the EAA and building his own. With a sport pilots license it can be a "relatively" inexpensive way to fly.

Very sorry things didn't work out for you with theRV. But very happy that Bob was around to help not just you but a lot of others here that might have been scammed in.

My son is working on the sheriffs department angle now. We have quite a few friends in the sheriffs department and a couple that are flying helicopters.

I'm also trying to talk him into getting back into firefighting and doing a season with California Department of forestry (CAL fire). One of their air base is located right here in my hometown of Ramona California.

Thank you for your suggestions and good luck with your search for an HDT.

Charlie

Mr & Mrs.........as said earlier in the thread....

.some of my best deals, are the deals I passed up........(the 52ft wood Italian twin 16 cyl Diesel boat.......MSS-MoneyPit)

But back in the "Old-Dayzzzz" I at least had the pleasure of getting aboard the 52ft wood Italian twin 16 cyl Diesel boat (yachatttt) and kick up some pretty impressive wakes and wasting 50 gal of diesel..........what a kick.........BUT I did finally come to what few senses I had and passed on the deal........(just imagine how many billion termites have to hold hands to keep a 52 ft wood boat afloat.........).

These days it's just some scum-bag with some tech-savy picture thief that is a low-grade purse-snatcher and we don't even have the fun of burning up some diesel and making some noise.........before we come to our senses...........

I have a pretty moxie friend that works at a large RV dealer and he often uses the "Bob-effect" to sort the scum-bags out on the first or second call and that is that as soon as the location is disclosed my friend says "wow, I have a "uncle that lives only 30 miles from you he can be at the RV in a hour"...........OFTEN the cell drops off for some reason...........He say NEVER make a third call if location is "foggy".....ever......

I know hi-tech has its place but it sure has a sleazy-side that we seem to just put up with..........too bad.....

Pre-tech we just had to decide if we could deal with termites and huge engines in tiny bilge spaces..........far better than tech-scum-scammers....

There is a nice ending here...........Bob has earned his nice lunch and you saved $30,950.00 ( $31k less $50 for Bobs lunch.....)

Drive on........(and count ALL the money you saved)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Mr & Mrs

Take a gander at the listings below........These are a bit more money but they DO actually sit on the ground less than 30 miles from our place in Bend, OR.........

If you like what you see I would be happy to drive over and take a look and drive them if you desire.........No lunch needed here .......I am still a bit too fat to crawl under the tandems without getting my tuxedo a bit messy........

https://bend.craigslist.org/rvs/5086928140.html

https://bend.craigslist.org/grd/5023256041.html

Drive on........(have fun RV shopping....)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

DT;

Thanks for the listings.

The Dynamax looks nice, I sent the seller a couple questions, I don't like the way it's configured and it is more than we are looking to spend right now. As for the Freightliner, I think we are going to try an attend an HDT rally before we head down that road.

some of my best deals, are the deals I passed up.......

Where do you think I stole that line from! :D

appreciate the offer of a look see.

Blessings;

Keith

Keith & Jodi
Fleetwood Expedition 34H

Archived