Slide problem

aunut

One of my slides is working ok, but leaves debris on the floor when I let it out. It looks like metal and plastic shavings. What's up? No noise and runs smooth.

2014 Winnebago Vista 35B Class A. 2010 Honda CR-V.

Is it under warranty? Metal and plastic shavings are not supposed to be there. Have it checked soonest.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

With your Winnebago being a 2014 I'd guess that you are still in your warranty period so my thought is to get it back to the dealer you bought it from if possible, and if not to an authorized dealer and as quickly as possible. The debris is an indication that something is failing and it may not take long to stop working and you don't want that to happen on the road with a slide out!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Is there an access panel or any where that you can look under there? Mine has a carpeted wood piece that is unscrewed for visibility of the slide mechanism. I found debris under there that was left over from construction. Also you would be able to look at the workings for any damage or broken parts. Best of luck, Dave.

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

I took it in to the service dept of the dealership I bought it from. After a week I called to ask the status. The service manager said that the debris was probably left over from manufacturing. He said that I should realize that these things are put together by people with barely an eighth grade education and they just forgot to sweep up the debris. I told him that we have gone on many trips over the last year and this problem just surfaced. He said "oh, we'll look into it further, then".

Should I let the sales dept know what he said about a vehicle that they sold me and a line that they sell everyday? I think Winnebago might be interested to know what he said about them also.

Call and email the factory too. Not to tell them the comment, that will likely do nothing but aggravate all you are dealing with good and bad. Get their customer service dept and explain only that you have these shavings and took your rig to "XXXXXX" warranty repair/ dealer at "address" and "phone number."

Tell them that at first the dealer thought it was leftovers from construction of your XXXX year XXX model rig purchased XX/XX/XXXX. Ask them if this is aknown problem with that model. Do this now quickly while the dealer still has it, as they may contact them with a one time out of warranty repair, or let them know a quick fix etc. The worst that can happen is nothing.

Be nice, unless all abandon you. Remember, if you don't ask, no one can ever say yes!

Good luck.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 3 weeks later...

Just a follow up. I picked the coach up a couple of weeks ago after they checked it twice to make sure that there was nothing to worry about. They assured me that it was debris that was left over from the manufacturing process that had dislodged and charged me $95 for the inspection (I bought the rig new from them, so I thought this should have been a freebie). I was actually relieved that it was ok and so inexpensive. However, I sent an email to Winnebago just to let them know what they put me through by not properly disposing of the debris (I put it nicely). To my surprise, a customer relations person emailed back and said that they would reimburse me (I didn't ask for reimbursement in my email) even though it was out of warranty.

By the way, I never mentioned the eighth grader remarks to anyone. I didn't want to jeopardize the fellow's job. I went by the store the other day and he had been let go for, apparently, "loosing it" with someone else.

. However, I sent an email to Winnebago just to let them know what they put me through by not properly disposing of the debris (I put it nicely). To my surprise, a customer relations person emailed back and said that they would reimburse me (I didn't ask for reimbursement in my email) even though it was out of warranty.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how this turned out. It sounds to me like Winnebago is still the company that I have long believed it to be. There are still a few companies that understand what customer service means. :)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived