Water Heater

I have been waiting for a full-time space at a local RV park and heard today that a space has opened and I'll be going in on Wednesday. One issue I have is my water heater is out (according to the seller). I haven't had it checked out to determine exactly what the problem is. Until I can have it looked at, my question is, can I still hook up to the city water at the RV park? Is there anything in particular I need to do?

Thanks in advance :)

Dan

http://www.taketimeforlife.com

"The Best Gift We Can Give Our Children is Our Time"

If by out you mean that it doesn't heat the water but also does not leak, there is no reason that you can't still use the city water connection. If it has a leak in the tank, but also has a bypass system for winterizing the water heater, then you could just change to the winter bypass setting and use the city connection with no water in the water heater. Most likely you can use city water and it might well be worth your time to spend some effort in trouble shooting the water heater to see why it doesn't work.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I'm kind of freaking out here- just drove 6 hours to first RV park in 1 month and there is hot water in our heater... How can this be? No propane connected. No "hot water" switch turned on. The styrofoam around the heater is warm as if we've had the heater on all this time. I don't understand! We live in TX but it's not been THAT hot. Anything I should be concerned with? Thanks in advance!

Val and Lee

I'm kind of freaking out here- just drove 6 hours to first RV park in 1 month and there is hot water in our heater... How can this be? No propane connected. No "hot water" switch turned on. The styrofoam around the heater is warm as if we've had the heater on all this time. I don't understand! We live in TX but it's not been THAT hot. Anything I should be concerned with? Thanks in advance!

What make/model of RV do you have. I have a 2006 Winnebago Sightseer with a heater in the rear connected to the engine coolant system. The hot engine coolant also warms the water in the water heater, but doesn't make the water hot.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Since you have a trailer, it is pretty safe to assume that you don't have a "motor aid" model water heater so it has to be residual heat still in the tank. It can take a long time for the water to completely cool, but if you have no heat source connected to it, that has to be the reason. I'd not be concerned, just pleased that it is that well insulated.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived