Forign Travel.............. Visa?

Kirk W

I'm wondering if anyone here has recently done any international travel, in particular to Australia, I'm wondering if you have used one of the electronic visa's for entry? We just got them and it feels a little bit strange not having anything paper.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I don't know if this is what you mean, but my wife and I have the 'Electronic Passport", credit card size, mag strip implanted... We have used it to Mexico & back, and it works great for entry back to the USA... Not sure how the Aussies would view it.

If you're talking about a Passport Card rather than a true Electronic (or Biometric) Passport, it is only good for land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry to enter the U.S. from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda, but not for international air travel (or sea ports-of-entry from other countries).

I know nothing about visas since we haven't been to any other countries except for Mexico and Canada, so have never had need of a visa.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Kirk, Yes, Australia is one of the countries that issues electronic visas. It will be stored in their immigration database, and will pop up on the screen when they check you in at the airport. As long as you have your USA Passport, are only visiting for less than 3 months, (and don't have any felon convictions), that's all you need.

Note: Australia has a national health plan which does not cover foreigners and will demand payment for any medical/emergency services rendered.

I'm wondering if anyone here has recently done any international travel, in particular to Australia, I'm wondering if you have used one of the electronic visa's for entry? We just got them and it feels a little bit strange not having anything paper.

Jim

If you're talking about a Passport Card rather than a true Electronic (or Biometric) Passport, it is only good for land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry to enter the U.S. from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda, but not for international air travel (or sea ports-of-entry from other countries).

Yep - I went and checked the card... and it states just that. Phooey. There goes that round-the-world trip I had planned.

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Kirk, Yes, Australia is one of the countries that issues electronic visas. It will be stored in their immigration database, and will pop up on the screen when they check you in at the airport.

Thanks for the response. Since this is our first time traveling to a country requiring a visa in a very long time, we've not experienced this as yet. I did get an emailed confirmation of each of our visas but was looking for someone who has used one of these electronic versions. I'll send a PM to discuss it a bit further.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived