Need help contacting a Verizon Customer Service Rep

Since Verizon took over Millenicom, I have been unable to get a total amount of Gb usage for each billing period. This morning, I decided to try to find out if they've fixed that problem. Imagine my surprise when I see they're showing I've used 19.2 Gb since 4/3/2015. No way. I may have used that much since Verizon took over from Millenicom but not that much data in 10 days. I don't download movies or any large files. I'll go to Google Maps and plan a trip; check my e-mail, read the news...but nothing that should use this much data in this little bit of time. I tried calling Customer Service at 800-922-0204 and couldn't get thru to a live person. It was press this, press that...but no Customer Service Rep. I also went to MyVerison and tried to Chat. That was a lost cause.

Can anyone please tell me how to get in touch with a real live person that could help me handle this? I'd really appreciate it.

Cat Lady

You might want to consider visiting a Verizon corporate-owned store to try to resolve the problem. We had a problem getting a company discount applied to our account when we called customer service . We visited a corporate-owned store and they took care of it that day.

2016 Leisure Travel Van Serenity S24CB

You might want to consider visiting a Verizon corporate-owned store to try to resolve the problem. We had a problem getting a company discount applied to our account when we called customer service . We visited a corporate-owned store and they took care of it that day.

+1 to this advice. Many (perhaps most) of the stores marked "Verizon" are not corporate-owned. Check on the Internet to find the closest one. We have a store in our town staffed by idiots and still conspicuously marked "Verizon". The nearest corporate stores are 70 miles away. Worth the trip!

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

X3 We have always had excellent results dealing with Verizon stores. The staff is invariably knowledgeable and helpful.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

It was press this, press that...but no Customer Service Rep.

I assume by this that you mean there was no option for talking to someone. If so, try pressing "0" on your phone...it might take more than once. I almost always have success getting to talk with a real live person using this method.

If you have a Verizon phone, you can also try dialing *611.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

UPDATE: I did as several of you suggested and went to the Verizon store in Cottonwood. They got in touch with Verizon for me and even let me talk to the Customer Service Representative. He suggested if I'm not using the internet to turn WiFi off from the computer (don't need to turn off the "puck" itself); don't let WiFi run on the iPad if I'm not using it; pause/stop news videos and just read the article instead. I didn't realize that if I left the WiFi on overnight it would eat up data anyway...and I had the iMac, iPad, and smartphone all going at once...jeesh, what a dummy! I just thought if I wasn't looking up stuff then it wasn't either...live and learn. The good news is that extra Gs will only cost $8 each. Okay, that lesson cost me but I won't forget it.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help. I really appreciate it.

Cat Lady

We found that with Win 8/8.1, there are a number of apps on the start/tile page that are called live tiles and connect to the internet. The weather app is one of them. I was able to cut the usage some by right clicking the apps and selecting "Turn Live Tile Off".

Clay(WA5NMR), Lee(Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timed for eleven years in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Snowbirds for 1 year. Now settled down in western CO.
Honda Accord toad.

We found that with Win 8/8.1, there are a number of apps on the start/tile page that are called live tiles and connect to the internet. The weather app is one of them. I was able to cut the usage some by right clicking the apps and selecting "Turn Live Tile Off".

You can also mark your wifi as "metered", which will do more than turn live tiles off - http://www.howtogeek.com/187483/how-to-restrict-monitor-mobile-data-usage-on-windows-8.1/.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

If the regular CSR is of no help, ask for escalated customer care and keep going up the food chain until you get an answer.

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Archived