Need a little iPad Help

DJW

We bought Linda a New 3rd Gen iPad to replace her 2nd Gen which we are going to give to our Daughter-in-law to replace the one our Grand Daughter dropped. What is the best way to transfer all of Linda's stuff from her old iPad to her new iPad?

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Do you have a laptop or desktop computer with iTunes? If you do then sync your old iPad to iTunes. Then connect the new iPad and restore it from the sync file (basically, iTunes will ask the first time you connect the new iPad if it is replacing an existing device and will prompt you through the process).

If you do not have a desktop or laptop, you can sync everything between all your devices with iCloud as well. I don't use iCloud to do this, so I can't give you the exact steps, but a google search should be able to find the proper steps easily enough.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Your "old" iPad is most likely backed up using iCloud automatic backup. That's the easiest way to do things.

When you get your new iPad, as part of the initial setup process, it will ask if you want to install all of the settings used by the "old" iPad. Let's say the "old" iPad was named "Linda" when backed up using iCloud. Tell the setup screen to load "Linda" settings. Easy. The setup menus will walk you through the process.

Just before you setup the new one, back up the old. That way you will have the most current settings.

Ok, when we did the old iPad backup to the laptop via iTunes we thought the photos on the old iPad were backed up as we did not realize that the photos should be done separately . So when we went to do the restore to the new iPad we thought the old photos from the old ipad were on the laptop. Then we chose Sync Photos selected folders from ITunes. So iTunes went into and took all the pictures folders from the C Drive and downloaded them to the new iPad. How do I get rid of the folders that iTunes downloaded to the new iPad? The iPad will not allow us to delete individually or by folder. Help Please

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Archived