Ok, That was an ominous noise...

Standing by for the update.... :)

Jeff & Laurie

South Texas

Hounds: Auggie (beer drinking English Cocker Spaniel)

Angus (five pounds of bad azz chihuahua)

Homebase: 2015 Heartland 365 Key West -- The "Uno Mas"

The Office: 2016 Crossroads Hill Country 26RB

Heat pump was humming along nicely and then it went "Chunk" and nothing. This bodes ill. I'll dig into it tomorrow.

This should be fun, vertigo and being up on the roof always is....

Be careful on the roof, falling is a gamechanger. For folks over 65 wearing a bike helmet or similar should be mandatory. Pay someone else to deal with it, AC's and heatpumps are heavy anyway.

Someone in town here fell backwards off a ladder from 8' or so, broke his neck and died.

Be careful on the roof, falling is a game changer. For folks over 65 wearing a bike helmet or similar should be mandatory. Pay someone else to deal with it, AC's and heatpumps are heavy anyway.

Someone in town here fell backwards off a ladder from 8' or so, broke his neck and died.

On August 1, 2011 I was at work. I drove a delivery truck for a protective packaging company for a living. At my second stop of the day, I was standing on the back of my truck, reaching up to grab the rope to pull down the door, when I fell backwards and landed on my head. I'm now disabled with a TBI, and neck damage.

I have a pretty much permanent of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.

Every doctor that hears about the accident wonders why I'm still alive. I'm just stubborn, I'm not leaving my wife for anything.

Yeah I go up there with a safety harness when I have to....

2003 Newmar Dutch Star 3802

'98 Ford Ranger

Compressor locked-up, unit is toast; is the meaning of chunk.

Maybe. It could be other things. You really should call an HVAC company and have them come and check it for you.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Look at the others here who have fallen, shattering bones, landing on their face, road rash etc. I fell 9-10ft broke both wrists, hit head plus, plus.

These are the ones we know about let alone others we don't. We break not bend at our age.

Never thought I'd be this screwed up at 57, let me tell you. I've been to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite 6 times, twice the hard way. I've spent four days on the nose rout up El Capitan, hiked the California section of the PCT, and done more cycling road races than I can count.

To be honest with you folks, hiring work out just goes against the grain with me. I know there are some systems I should leave to the pro's, and I've looked at a few "how to" articles and videos on the A/C Heat pump unit. The wife agrees with you, time to call in an expert.

We have a credit card for just these scenarios.

'98 Ford Ranger

Good idea. Remember call an HVAC company...they are experts. RV techs are not.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

To be honest with you folks, hiring work out just goes against the grain with me. I know there are some systems I should leave to the pro's, and I've looked at a few "how to" articles and videos on the A/C Heat pump unit. The wife agrees with you, time to call in an expert.

We have a credit card for just these scenarios.

Isn't it a good thing that not everyone feels the same way or no one would have a job. We worked a long time putting aside money so that when we retired, we could enjoy our retirement and part of that is having funds to provide work for younger individuals so that we can keep going for as long as possible. :D We're doing our bit to help the economy grow and people working so they are paying taxes - helps keep SS funded.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Isn't it a good thing that not everyone feels the same way or no one would have a job. We worked a long time putting aside money so that when we retired, we could enjoy our retirement and part of that is having funds to provide work for younger individuals so that we can keep going for as long as possible. :D We're doing our bit to help the economy grow and people working so they are paying taxes - helps keep SS funded.

Barb

I never planned on retiring. It was forced upon me. I figured my dad was the last person in our family to be able to retire.

In the year following the accident, what was left of my 401K went to expenses while trying to sell the stick house.

SSDI is all well and good, but the hobby business we started 14 years ago, is now a great source of extra income. It also gives us plenty of destinations to choose from, albeit we do have to be in certain places on an exact date on occasion.

'98 Ford Ranger

• 1 month later...

Nice warm couple of days here in Milwaukie Oregon, so I got up on the roof to check a few things out. After a winter spent under a beach tree, the roof needs a good cleaning.

I pulled the cover off of the zone one air conditioner, cleaned the dust and assorted detritus from the coil fins, and did an inspection. I had the wife turn on the air conditioning in zone 1 and sure enough, it came right on!

When it did, the compressor (or what I assume to be it) kicked, hard. The rubber mounting bushings are toast . Other than that, it all looks to be working ok.

Now I just need to get a new cover, and those bushings....

I'm wondering if they have to be OEM, or can I just source some the same size? Is there a specific rubber density for these do you think?

'98 Ford Ranger

Stud type here, and the bushing style here. Size and style are more important than a specific rubber durometer. Been waiting a long time to use that Scrabble word. ^_^

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Archived