Troubleshooting air leak

bigredhdt

When I worked on my air system at the shop I removed the drain fitting down near the steps. I installed a male quick connect from the end of an air hose. I then took a male and a female plug to mate the hose end to the tank. It took less than 30!seconds to fully air up the system. Make sure to either regulate the shop air at 120 psi or remove the air hose in time. Our shop air is set at 180, otherwise you will pop the relief valve.

I have an 04 Volvo and I can air it up from a fitting on the drivers side at eye level just inboard of the hood wear block

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Http:/www.flickr.com/photos/shallow_draft/

Https://flic.kr/p/fqhyAN

You are not lost if you don't care where you are!!

Schraeder valve here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003X5Q8LY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

D-2 Governor 3c_35.JPG

On my 2005 Volvo with a Cummins ISX my air governor is located on drivers side firewall just inboard of the hood wear block as mentioned in a previous post. I added the schraeder valve to an empty port marked RES. Just connect shop air and air up your tanks. I do use a water separator/filter between my compressor and the truck to keep contaminants and moisture down since this air goes straight to the tanks.

Good luck.

Scott

Shallow draft,What type if fitting is installed?

What motor do you have?

Normal tire inflater. Schrader I think

Volvo D12

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Http:/www.flickr.com/photos/shallow_draft/

Https://flic.kr/p/fqhyAN

You are not lost if you don't care where you are!!

<<On my 2005 Volvo with a Cummins ISX my air governor is located on drivers side firewall just inboard of the hood wear block as mentioned in a previous post. I added the schraeder valve to an empty port marked RES. Just connect shop air and air up your tanks. >>

Good luck.

Scott

Did the same thing on my Mack a few weeks ago. Makes it a lot easier to air up the truck so I don't smoke up the shop building air.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived