Door jamb switch

blrdck

I recently acquired a 1993 class c Holiday Rambler. It has a door jamb switch much like a switch in a refrigerator to turn the light on. The switch fell apart and I cannot determine what it does. It does NOT control the steps, there is a magnetic switch for that, I cannot find any lights it controls, or anything that does not work because the switch croaked. Any ideas?

Are you sure that it is still connected to anything? I'd get a meter and check to see if there is any power there. There is a good chance that the switch was something added by one of the previous owners. About all that you can do is to trace the wires to see where they go. Most likely the wires go down to the bottom of the door, then to wherever they supplied something.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

It is definitely a factory installed switch. The wires go horizontally in the wall and then drop down into the wall so no way to trace them. I can't find any current coming through it. Someone suggested the engine may have to be on, or it may be a door open switch that lights up on the dash somewhere. I haven't seen that but I'm going run the engine and mess with it and see if I can get any results. Thanks.

Guest ticat900

I recently acquired a 1993 class c Holiday Rambler. It has a door jamb switch much like a switch in a refrigerator to turn the light on. The switch fell apart and I cannot determine what it does. It does NOT control the steps, there is a magnetic switch for that, I cannot find any lights it controls, or anything that does not work because the switch croaked. Any ideas?

try in the class C section maybe? If you had a A I would say electric steps but C series don't have those

try in the class C section maybe? If you had a A I would say electric steps but C series don't have those

Many Class C's have electric steps, however the OP said is was not for the steps.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

Guest ticat900

Many Class C's have electric steps, however the OP said is was not for the steps.

missed the not for steps post but he posted in A so suggested post C maybe get a answer . did not know C now had electric steps have not looked at them for years

missed the not for steps post but he posted in A so suggested post C maybe get a answer . did not know C now had electric steps have not looked at them for years

The last C I owned was a 1984. It had electric steps.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

It is definitely a factory installed switch.

Could it be that the switch was for the electric step and that was replaced by the magnetic switch? Is your step from Kwikill? If co you might contact them to see if they ever used a push type of switch. With no power on the leads, there must either be an open fuse somewhere or the wires were disconnected.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Guest ticat900

The last C I owned was a 1984. It had electric steps.

could be all I said is I have not seen one. I have a door jamb switch on My A for the entrance power door lock system but again have never seen one of these on a C(side entrance door)

Once saw a button door switch that was for an alarm system. If the door was opened it set off the alarm. Or it could be for a light.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Archived