The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Good luck Julie and get a bicycle. It works wonders

Jeff: I was calling a square dance at a campground in Rutland FL a few miles east of Enverness on route 44 when a 5 ft gator came waltzing through the door of the rec hall. Needless to say that tip came to an abrupt end.

STEVE: Save some of that anesthetic for me. Are you going to hijack some of Joe's Stash.

It has been a very busy day. I've been going constantly since 5 AM. But I got a lot done. I just now got back to the rig for the night. I ate all 3 meals on the run today. I have an appointment at 9AM tomorrow to change the batteries in the Navion. Those Group 24 12v jobs just don't cut it. I'm replacing them with 6v golfcart batteries and will gain 85 amp hours capacity. We tested and measured today and they fit in the battery compartment just fine but we'll have to modify the hold downs. Today, I got the oil changed in the truck and filled the DEF tank on both the truck and the Navion. Now it's beddy bye time ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

JULIE: They work real cheap. That anesthetic they promissed was for them not you. That's pay enough.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steve and Carol just left here, headed back to Bessie Bus for the night. I think they got filled up pretty good at the Mexican Restaurant we went to. Talked about a whole lot of things and just had a great time all around. Next time we get together we will talk about all of you folks. :ph34r: As for anesthetic, I think Steve is set. Give him about a bottle and a half and he'll be ready to replace that knee in record time, heck he might just do it so good you won't more than a couple days to recuperate. :o

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

After we have a nice visit with Mickey Mouse, we'll head that way. Do you want to run over and make sure our site is cleaned up before we get there? That way we won't have to worry about a landscaper coming by and nicking our sewer hose. Isn't that what just happened to you? :D

sure tell me the site and I will talk with the gardeners ;)

entered the RV fulltime class of 2011 - March!

On the Road to Retirement...zeetraveler.blogspot.com

Thanks to you and Steve for the offer to "fix"my knee now we have to figure out how to get the insurance to pay you for your work.

You reminded me of my brother calling after his surgery yelling at me, "You said it doesn't hurt!" What I had said was pain increased before the surgery but decreased after the surgery until it stopped hurting altogether. Apparently he only listened to the last phrase.

As to IYQ's mention of a bike, riding a stationery bike was part of my rehab program. But we set the seat high to start then gradually lowered it as my ability to bend without pain improved. So, if you buy a bike for use right away be sure you get one with a tall seat pedestal. (Or whatever the right word for that thing is.)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I took the Navion in to Jimmy's and swapped the Group 24 batteries for 2 golf cart batteries. I plugged into the shore power and let them charge the rest of the day. I just now turned the shore power off. I'll go over and check the voltage in the morning to see how much they may or may not have drained down. Tomorrow I'll recharge them and tomorrow night run the furnace at 65 degrees to see if the batteries can carry it through the night without going too low. It should but if not I'll start figuring out how to add more batteries in the basement compartment that is right next to the battery box. I sure wish I had wall space enough to put in a blue flame heater. Then I wouldn't have to worry about battery capacity. This afternoon I rearranged my cupboards and put that no slip shelf liner in them. Now maybe they won't re-arrange themselves every time I hit a bump.

It has been chilly and windy all day. At mid day we had a good heavy rain so I had lake front property for a while. Tomorrow night 2 of the forecast apps say it will be going down to 30 degrees and 2 others say 34 and 36 respectively. My battery/furnace experiment will have the right weather to be valid. I'm going to stick around here for a few days to get a few of the neglected chores out of the way then fly the coop again and go gally vanting. While I'm here I'll put a good edge on some of my knives so we'll be ready for that operation. Steve, start taking some of that anesthetic so your hands will be nice and steady.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Lee, we sent all the bad weather in Florida west with Paul and Marsha and Roger and Len. So far our weather in central Florida has been great most of the time. Got over 90 today, so just head on over here and warm up.

Joe- I noticed Janice and Jeri out in the yard jumping and dancing around the other night and I thought they had too much wine. Now that you mentioned it, I bet it was a rain dance for you. Your name was spoken a lot during the dance.

If I was you I would check my supply of baaaaad whiskey real close with Steve in the area. Anybody that can make that ice cream machine disappear can make off with a lot of baaaaad whiskey fast.

Julie- Unless you have partaken of a lot of that baaaad whiskey, I would not let our classmate surgeons any where close to your knees. I don't think they make enough baaaad whiskey to let them get within two states of the operation site. Good luck on the surgery and when you get better, let's go hike the slot canyons in Utah again.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Jerry & Janice....saw on the new that you Floridians are roasting in the 90's. No humidity though, I bet! Hopefully the rains have moved on here in Houston area but Texas hill country is still getting hit. Enjoy you time a Disney.

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Jerry & Janice....saw on the new that you Floridians are roasting in the 90's. No humidity though, I bet! Hopefully the rains have moved on here in Houston area but Texas hill country is still getting hit. Enjoy you time a Disney.

It has been hot, hot, hot for way too may days in Florida. Yesterday temperatures even jumped to 92. It's hard to keep cool but I do see relief in the forecast three days from now.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Lee, we sent all the bad weather in Florida west with Paul and Marsha and Roger and Len. So far our weather in central Florida has been great most of the time. Got over 90 today, so just head on over here and warm up.

Joe- I noticed Janice and Jeri out in the yard jumping and dancing around the other night and I thought they had too much wine. Now that you mentioned it, I bet it was a rain dance for you. Your name was spoken a lot during the dance.

If I was you I would check my supply of baaaaad whiskey real close with Steve in the area. Anybody that can make that ice cream machine disappear can make off with a lot of baaaaad whiskey fast.

Julie- Unless you have partaken of a lot of that baaaad whiskey, I would not let our classmate surgeons any where close to your knees. I don't think they make enough baaaad whiskey to let them get within two states of the operation site. Good luck on the surgery and when you get better, let's go hike the slot canyons in Utah again.

Well I have been known to drink the baaaad whiskey but doubt I could drink enough to agree to believe their medical certificates are real. Now Paul and Sue's Margaritas might do the trick!

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Well I have been known to drink the baaaad whiskey but doubt I could drink enough to agree to believe their medical certificates are real. Now Paul and Sue's Margaritas might do the trick!

Well let's see if we can "entice" you with a lil ole Marguerita then. :ph34r:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

After waiting only four days to get our warrantied Aqua-Hot repaired, we'll be back on the road to Texas in the a.m. Our replacement pumps arrived in the mail this morning and the owner Billy Thibodeaux got right on it. If you're ever in Lafayette, LA and in need of an RV fix I highly recommend looking him up. Very friendly, competent timely work at reasonable rates. Hope the rain stops before we get there!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

It has been hot, hot, hot for way too may days in Florida. Yesterday temperatures even jumped to 92. It's hard to keep cool but I do see relief in the forecast three days from now.

well you should all come back to AZ. It was 43* when we got up today. Yesterday was cold AND windy. It was miserable. Reminded me of Alaska :)

Julie,

I am sure we can rig you up with enough Margaritas to keep you satisfied !

Just bought more Cointreau today :)

I am assuming we can get to Q early. There is a balloon festival in Havasu Jan 15-17, so we'd have to miss that.

Jello plans!

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Well let's see if we can "entice" you with a lil ole Marguerita then. :ph34r:

Joe

Those 2 people look very familiar and I think Tina got up close and personal with one of those margaritas a few years ago. LOL. She will still talk about it. :blink:

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We outran the rain, hard, hard rain and humidity. We had planned to overnight in Shrevport but decided to push on. Now we are at Livingston, site 47. No rain but 70 and 80% humidity. But we have air conditioning. And I had the most wonderful long hot shower since we left Merritt. We are paid up for 5 days.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

That looks wonderful. ..hey does Carol want to have her other knee done?

Done, right after Steve finished that Marguerita he borrowed a knife from the kitchen and took care of it for her. :ph34r:

Jeff, guess Tina now knows they still serve them things here in the PNW. When you bringing her back for a re fill? :lol:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Naah, Joe, as soon as the kitchen came out with the knife, she decided her knee was in "great shape"! :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I've got most of the obligatory chores caught up with and I'm getting Hitch Itch already. I've promised a new cowgirl I'd take her to the Adobe Deli on Sunday so will stick around for that. For next week I'm thinking about going down in the boot heal of New Mexico an check it out. There is an astronomy village in either Rodeo NM or Portal AZ. I think I'll give them a visit. I don't know what Antelope Wells has to offer so I'll do a little Googling on that before I go way down there. As cold as our night time temperatures have been maybe I'd better take some of that anesthetic with me. To day we have a pretty stiff wind blowing which makes it feel just that much colder. I bundled up with all my winter garb while taking my walk this morning and still froze.

To day we have a pretty stiff wind blowing which makes it feel just that much colder. I bundled up with all my winter garb while taking my walk this morning and still froze.

You know how people claim that in Florida it's not the heat it's the humidity? During winter it's not the cold it's the wind. Get out of the wind and you can sometimes still feel the solar heat even when the temperature is cold.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I know some of you out there know San Antonio, especially Ed and Lynn. We are going to be there on Wednesday the 11th and want to stay 2 nights. Who knows of a cheap place, bare bones is okay. We want to see the Alamo etc and leave the following day. Help? And yes, Ed and Lynn, we would love to see you if you can have time off on the 12th.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I know some of you out there know San Antonio, especially Ed and Lynn. We are going to be there on Wednesday the 11th and want to stay 2 nights. Who knows of a cheap place, bare bones is okay. We want to see the Alamo etc and leave the following day. Help? And yes, Ed and Lynn, we would love to see you if you can have time off on the 12th.

We stayed at the KOA in San Antonio. It's not the cheapest, but super convenient to see the Alamo. Catch the bus directly outside the KOA and it drops you off right at the Alamo. What you spend at the KOA you'll more than save in parking fees and traffic hassles.

Rex & Karen

Libre y pobre en La Casa Rodante

We stayed at the KOA in San Antonio. It's not the cheapest, but super convenient to see the Alamo. Catch the bus directly outside the KOA and it drops you off right at the Alamo. What you spend at the KOA you'll more than save in parking fees and traffic hassles.

Toni - BigTexRex makes a good point, Here are some other choices http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/texas/san-antonio

When we are in the area we stay here. http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/texas/new-braunfels/lazy-ll-campground

It's nearly an hour drive from the Alamo and the River Walk. The River Walk is a couple of blocks from the Alamo.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Edited by SKP On the Go

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/