The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

The doctor said we could go. She still has some swelling across the knuckles and getting more movement back each day. Thanks everyone.

We are at Devil's Tower for a couple of nights then on towards the Black Hills. Roger, we may've moved on by the 10th but you never know with us.

Safe travels everyone.

Jeff

I'm late in my sorries. Doesn't mean they are any less sincere. Sorry about your hand Tina. I am sure Harley is sorry too.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The park manager invited me to go to the truck stop with the office crew this evening for dinner. I enjoyed the evening and now I'm all caught up on the scuddlebutt from around the park. It only hit 98 today much cooler than I expected. The 10 to 15 MPH wind helped a bit to. The leasure room we are building is coming along pretty good. I mentioned that in one of my post a month or two ago. It will make a nice cool place to relax in while waiting for the laundry to finish. Another one of our members has promised to donate a new pool table for the room. We plan on moving the big screen TV in there from the bunk house and buy a couple lounge chairs for it. I might just move in but I like my shop better cause they might frown on me scattering wood shaving all over the place.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

After 8 1/2 weeks we're finally hittin' the road again. Owatonna, MN tonight and on to Park Rapids, MN for a week at our friend's cabin. Lynn and I are sooo ready! It was great to visit with friends, family and getting clean bills of health from the docs but, the gypsy blood is calling. It's time to use "the Beave" for what it's meant for.

Can't wait to hook up with our roadie friends and good times makin' more good memories. Got the pin map warmed up and ready to use so, some of you better watch out...we know where you live! LOL

Roger & Lynn

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Hey Lee, with all that HOT weather down there, maybe you ought to head up towards the PNW for a while. Up here we start complaining when it gets above 75. :D Something like 3 or 4 times a year. :P

Steve, found an ole Salmon laying around in the freezer the other day so I just had to thaw it out and then crank up the Smoker. MMMMMMMM :ph34r:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Hey Lee, with all that HOT weather down there, maybe you ought to head up towards the PNW for a while. Up here we start complaining when it gets above 75. :D Something like 3 or 4 times a year. :P

Steve, found an ole Salmon laying around in the freezer the other day so I just had to thaw it out and then crank up the Smoker. MMMMMMMM :ph34r:

Joe

I think putting salmon in my smoker is the best food of all. I also did a brisket and chicken the other day .... nummy.

Be careful where you tell Lee to send that hot weather. We don't want it here. We've had pretty nice weather (except for the last two or three days) and very little rain where we're at but then again, it's the banana belt. However, next week it's back up in the 80's and even into the 90's. The 90's are too warm for us!!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I think putting salmon in my smoker is the best food of all. I also did a brisket and chicken the other day .... nummy.

Be careful where you tell Lee to send that hot weather. We don't want it here. We've had pretty nice weather (except for the last two or three days) and very little rain where we're at but then again, it's the banana belt. However, next week it's back up in the 80's and even into the 90's. The 90's are too warm for us!!

Jeri, Don't want Lee to send the weather up here. Was just suggestiong he leave it there and come up here to cool down. :D

Yep Salmon in the Smoker is goooooooooooooood, but it's even better when you couple it up with some BAAAAAAAAAD Whiskey. :ph34r:

Now something else that happens up here in the PNW is Dungeness Crab and that season opens next Thursday. MMMMMMMMMMMMM Fresh Crab, Smoked Salmon, and BAAAAAAAAAAAAD Whiskey for the 4th. :P

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Jeri, Don't want Lee to send the weather up here. Was just suggestiong he leave it there and come up here to cool down. :D

Yep Salmon in the Smoker is goooooooooooooood, but it's even better when you couple it up with some BAAAAAAAAAD Whiskey. :ph34r:

Now something else that happens up here in the PNW is Dungeness Crab and that season opens next Thursday. MMMMMMMMMMMMM Fresh Crab, Smoked Salmon, and BAAAAAAAAAAAAD Whiskey for the 4th. :P

Joe

So, does that mean you'll be bringing lots of crab over when we see you in a couple weeks?????????????????????????????????????????

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Joe

Don't forget Joe, I used to live in Tacoma. I know about PNW weather. Yep it stays about the same temperature summer or winter. The only way you can tell it's summer is the fog has lifted so you can see the next house on the block. And you sit around that smoker in your long johns trying to keep warm and keep the snails slugs and earwigs from eating the salmon. But just to take off the chill you drink a gallon or two of that Baaaaaaaaaddd Whiskey so you won't care if any of the previously mentioned remedies work or not. I think I'll stay here with my cowgirls and send you the hot weather like Jeri suggested.

I'll be spending another day sitting here watching the cowgirl polish up my penthouse. Ah it feels so good with the AC running.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Oh boy you guys are sure making me jealous now! We have no salmon, no crab, yes hot muggy days!! They do sell Baaaaaad Whisky at least around here. Carol's last rehab day is about the 9th of August so we should be able to "pull the pin" somewhere around then! Sigh!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Lee, not a problem. Up here on the Island we tell everyone that it never stops raining. :lol:

Jeri, Guess that depends on how much of it we eat before we come over to meet up with you guys. :ph34r: Oh and it might also depend on how many we manage to catch also. With Opening Weekend being over the 4th of July I'll most likely only get 1 day of crabbing in before we meet. I refuse to leave my pots out over the 3 day weekend. No sense catching crab only to have my pots get robbed. :angry:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Owatonna, MN tonight and on to Park Rapids, MN for a week at our friend's cabin...Got the pin map warmed up and ready to use so, some of you better watch out...we know where you live! LOL

Roger & Lynn

Sounds like you'll be passing through our neighborhood. Usually I'd offer to meet for a meal but right now I'm having such bad foot pain when walking that Dave is bringing my food to my desk so I don't have to hobble to the kitchen to eat. I go nowhere except the desk, recliner, bathroom, and bed. It seems my current shoes relieve one pain but cause another. Can't decide what to wear on my feet. May have to go back to the podiatrist next week. Ugh! Other than that, life is good.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

What Joe says is true. When we were there 2 years ago there was a car show in the city park in Oak Harbor. They moved up the trophy presentation that afternoon because it was too hot. Must have been 75 that day. I couldn't believe it. Sweltering. lol

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Sounds like you'll be passing through our neighborhood. Usually I'd offer to meet for a meal but right now I'm having such bad foot pain when walking that Dave is bringing my food to my desk so I don't have to hobble to the kitchen to eat. I go nowhere except the desk, recliner, bathroom, and bed. It seems my current shoes relieve one pain but cause another. Can't decide what to wear on my feet. May have to go back to the podiatrist next week. Ugh! Other than that, life is good.

Linda

Sorry to hear of your bum runner Linda...get better soon and hopefully we can have a foot race at "Q"!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Joe's making me hungry with all that salmon talk. I have some armored salmon in the cupboard. Maybe I'll make some good ole salmon patties. Gals, use oatmeal for a filler it is a lot tastier than bread crumbs. Now that's how salmon should be. I wonder how they get the salmon to swim into those little cans??? Maybe they just feed them iron pills and they grow them. And I don't envy you guy for all those crabs you talk about. We have a few here also. They don't have a good word for anything.

It looks like Montana is the place of choice this year. I sure wish I could have got up there instead of going to doctor's appointments. But looking on the bright side. I have to go up to SD next year to renew my license so I'll be right next door.

It hit 100 today. I'll trade some of this heat for some of joe's rain. We need that bad.

Wish I could send Lee some of our rain. A local RV park we stayed in 3-4? years ago flooded out again this year as the Minnesota River overflowed its banks. We don't need anymore rain. Yesterday it came down so hard with 45° winds we couldn't see our swamp next door. Sure was fun to watch that rain from safe inside. :)

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well another day of healing. Carol walked quite a bit today without a cane, and got the knee bend machine to 100 degrees with very little pain. Good progress! She gets the staples out Wednesday, so that will be our pre fourth celebration. Glad we're on the back side, but turned out the bus was a great place to rehab. There are plenty of places to grab and steady yourself and the fridge and bathroom are all close. It was not a problem getting up the steps into the bus the first time coming from the hospital because the knee was still pretty numb from surgery. Also the front couch was a perfect place to set up the knee bending machine, right in front of the TV.

Now it's getting hot around these parts (high 90's) and the humidity is about that also so the poor A/C units are getting a good workout. The front one just shut off for the first time today and it's after 10:00 :blink: Now I know why I wanted that bus with the three A/C units. Well the good side is that I'm not paying for the electric separate, and not using any diesel. So there!! Sure am getting "hitch itch" though. Our friends, Wayne and Barbara, who were with us in Q, are broken down near flaming gorge on there way to see Tom & Diane. They had a throttle control module go out and had to ship it to somewhere in Iowa to have it rebuilt. The people said they could give them a fast turnaround, so we'll see how that goes. They are in a safe spot and have their Jeep to run around in so at least they can explore the area while waiting for the part. Bad thing is that they had a family thing in Yellowstone planned that they will have to miss.

I took a 5 mile bike ride a while ago, but the heat and humidity drove me back to the bus for some cold cranberry juice. Now while IYQ is sneaking over here to find the ice cream machine, I'll sneak over there and uncover his cranberry juice supply. Hmmmmm :ph34r::lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Now while IYQ is sneaking over here to find the ice cream machine, I'll sneak over there and uncover his cranberry juice supply. Hmmmmm :ph34r::lol:

Hummmmmm. Carol must be getting along a lot better than I figured. The honey get me's aren't keeping Steve as busy as I though.. But then again, if he gets over here and starts snooping around where my cranberry juice is stored he would probably either get shot or get shredded by an angry chihuahua because I don't have any cranberry juice I always bum that from other people. And even if I had some at my place and he got here amongst my cowgirls he might enjoy it for a while but Carol would kill him when he got back.

It hit 104 today. Much to hot to run a marathon. A new guy here bought hamburger and hot dogs and fried em up on the park grill over on the patio and invited us all over for dinner. Being this hot I didn't think anyone would show up but all the regulars did. It turned out to be a nice affair. He even cooked a couple burgers with out salt especially for me.

This morning when I took my pills one got stuck on the side of my throat. That set off a coughing jag that wouldn't stop. I thought I was going to cough up my toe nails. It was nearly noon before I settled down enough feel comfortable. I never did get my walk in.

Well after a couple days of not so wonderful weather, it's supposed to be almost 70 here today. And even hotter the rest of the week. :lol: Going to take a bunch of Baby Back Ribs outta the freezer today. Need to get them thawed so I can Marinade them and run them through the Smoker. Gotta a Party going down here on the 5th. Gonna be lots of Friends, Food, Cranberry Juice, and BAAAAAAAAAAD Whiskey. :D

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

is morning when I took my pills one got stuck on the side of my throat. That set off a coughing jag that wouldn't stop. I thought I was going to cough up my toe nails. It was nearly noon before I settled down enough feel comfortable. I never did get my walk in.

I hate that! It's kind of like removing something from your eye. You know it is not still there but your body insists on acting as if it was. I am so glad I finally figured out what method I need to use to get all my pills to go down correctly. In the meantime I find lemon drops to be the best way to soothe that type of throat irritation. Lifesavers work, too, but I prefer lemon drops when I can get them.

Linda Sand

I woke up this morning with sore muscles in my rib cage from all the coughing yesterday. They don't hurt much when I'm just sitting but I sure know they are complaining when I cough. I hope that don't last long. The cowgirl came to dredge out my den today so I had someone to talk with all afternoon. She didn't get much done though. She stops working every time she talks. And, boy does she like to talk. Oh well I enjoyed it.

Tonight was pot luck here at the ranch. So, I went to the truck stop for dinner. It's 17 mile out there. I told the manager he was going to have to pay me mileage as much as I come out there. He said sure I'll take that up with the president of Petro truck stops. I think he lies as much as I do. I'm sure glad he was smiling when he said that.

This morning when I took my pills one got stuck on the side of my throat. That set off a coughing jag that wouldn't stop. I thought I was going to cough up my toe nails. It was nearly noon before I settled down enough feel comfortable. I never did get my walk in.

Lee, I cannot tell you how much I can sympathize with your plight! Everyone I meet that has the same issue with things getting "stuck" like I do, I share this little gem that I learned from my nutritionist: Papaya Enzymes! For less than $5 at Wally World, you too can have this emergency remedy at your fingertips. Now, instead of suffering for what seems like an eternity, I chew 4 of these (they taste like Pez candies) and voila...cured! A friend in KY has been so thankful for this tip...she's worse than I with this issue! Hope your discomfort is a distant memory very soon! - Shauna

This morning there is about a 70% cloud cover. It should hold the temperature down a bit. I did all my outside chores early to take advantage of the relative coolness. My cowgirl house keeper is due in about 15 minutes. So I'll sit here and horas her all afternoon. Sounds like a good occupation to me. Normally the gang here goes down to the Pink Store in Mexico on Tuesdays but nobody went today. I guess they figured they could sip margaritas here in there air conditioned rig and be more comfy. Oops, knock knock the maid is here. Bye bye.