The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Ugh! It's hard to keep up with that heat without the air conditioner! It's been quite warm in Tucson but pretty close to perfect. We're out of here on Saturday (probably) but not going far ... just down the road towards Benson for another visit at Tombstone. We'll probably change our duds on Monday and dress up like a cowboy and a cowgirl to surprise IYQ. (Shhhh ... don't tell him). We haven't decided whether we'll spend the night in Deming or just take Lee to lunch. We figure with all the folks he takes to dinner, it's about time some cowfolks treated him!

I thought IYQ was in Deming. Oh well, he should be surprised then.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I held my hand over my eyes when I read Jeri's post cause I could see she didn't want me to know what it said. As for Steve's post I read it twice. I'm closer to Shawnee than he is so I can beat him there.

Mary Jane and Tom are here at the LOW HI RV RANCH but they will be leaving for Big Bend NP tomorrow. It's a shame they will miss Jeri and Terry.

I'm taking a couple day off from working on my shop to rest up. The Lumber Company is out of some of the wood I need. I could get it in longer lengths and cut it to size but I need the rest anyway. My old bones are complaining.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

6 months in one place is a loooooong time if you can move around. We're planning on the southwest next year before our Baja trip next Feb. Boondocking, Q, and campgrounds not one place too long. Lots of neat places and cities out east but we may not be back until 2016.

Jeff

6 months is a long time. We'll see how it goes. It takes at least 2 weeks for us to really get the feel for an area. A month seems ideal. All the discussion of frozen pipes on the forum is gonna keep me in South FL at least 4 months out of the year.

We may do a trip out West in the Fall of 2014 but it's more likely to be late Spring or Fall of 2015. Hope to see you then.

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Only ice you're going to find around here is keeping my cranberry juice cold!! :rolleyes:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Mary Jane and Tom are here at the LOW HI RV RANCH but they will be leaving for Big Bend NP tomorrow. It's a shame they will miss Jeri and Terry.

You're still on our calendar for Monday ---- maybe -- subject to change, of course.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Over the mountains from Borrego Springs to Lake Elsinore, California. Holy Cow what a road, switchbacks, up 6,000 ft and down the other side. Brakes a'smokin'

But we are safe. Tomorrow at the crack of dawn, to Hollywood.

PS Doug wants me to say - 1 in a 1,000 rattlesnake bites result in death. More dangerous crossing the street. But thanks for worrying.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Over the mountains from Borrego Springs to Lake Elsinore, California. Holy Cow what a road, switchbacks, up 6,000 ft and down the other side. Brakes a'smokin'

PS Doug wants me to say - 1 in a 1,000 rattlesnake bites result in death. More dangerous crossing the street. But thanks for worrying.

We're keeping our fingers crossed for you tomorrow. Win big.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Better make that before the crack of dawn if you want to make it there on time. Good luck and let us know when it airs.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

We'll send a little bit of the "LUCK O' THE IRISH" your way! Knock their socks off!!

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I've been busy putting the ceiling in my new shop. Mama never told me old men shouldn't do thing like that. I put up one piece then have to sit down and rest for 10 or 15 minutes. I don't make much progress that way but I'll get it finished or die trying. I'll rest up tomorrow and get ready to play host to Jeri & Terry.

The weather has been very comfortable here but the clouds have been rolling in just about every night. There is supposed to be a star party at City of Rocks State Park tonight. One look at the cloudy sky changed my mind about driving up the.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well Good Morning all you Sun Tanned, Shorts wearing folks. Just so you don't forget, here are a couple of pictures of life in the far Pacific North West. Hmmmmmmmm happened just in time for me to head for Hawaii for a week.

These are from a friends place up in Lynden, WA which is real close to the Canadian Border. Same thing in Bellingham, WA though and that's where I have to fly out of on Tuesday. Could be fun. :lol:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Doug and Toni - Wishing you the best of luck on Tuesday- look forward to your blog post on that day!!!

We have been soooo busy with various events here in the desert - oh and a little side trip for me to Vegas - tried to win enough $ $for a new rig - but no such luck- gonna have to dig deep into Mike's pockets to pay for a new rig!!!

Plans are in the works to order a 2014.5 from Mobile Suites by the end of this week.

Guess I have to get serious about selling my Motorcycle!!!

You guys in Yuma - here is your warning - we are heading that way - then on to Tucson area for March.

Hey Jerry and Janice - how long are you staying in Tucson??

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Doug and Toni - Wishing you the best of luck on Tuesday- look forward to your blog post on that day!!!

We have been soooo busy with various events here in the desert - oh and a little side trip for me to Vegas - tried to win enough $ $for a new rig - but no such luck- gonna have to dig deep into Mike's pockets to pay for a new rig!!!

Plans are in the works to order a 2014.5 from Mobile Suites by the end of this week.

Guess I have to get serious about selling my Motorcycle!!!

You guys in Yuma - here is your warning - we are heading that way - then on to Tucson area for March.

Hey Jerry and Janice - how long are you staying in Tucson??

Thank you!

How exciting for you. New rig.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I had lunch with Jeri and Terry this afternoon. We didn't say too many bad things about all you guys. That would have taken all day. They wanted to make Anthony Texas today to have some work done so we just stayed in town for lunch instead of going out to the Adobe Deli. After parting I came back to the Ranch and did a little more work on my shop. A very enjoyable day.

Man, it finally happened...since we've been in Florida we've had multiple times where an ambulance would show up at our campground. Yesterday afternoon I was sitting outside when I heard someone yelling for help. I ran to the rig next door to find that our neighbor's husband was lying on the floor. Thinking that he may have had a heart attack I immediately got Lynn who knows about such things. She went in and started chest compressions and we took turns doing that till the paramedics arrived. Lynn told me that he appeared to have already died before we got there but, that we had to try if only for the poor wife who was a mess as you can imagine.
I was very proud of Lynn for the way she took charge and tried to console the wife after the paramedics took over. It's too bad that we couldn't have gotten to him earlier as I'm now 0-1 for all that CPR training that we got at work. But, at least we tried.
The widow's children drove straight from Mississippi last night and I see that they're now here. Very sad.
We're supposed to close on our motor home today but, that seems trivial. Enjoy life now because you never know.
Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

That’s terrible! But good for you guys for doing the right thing. We feel for the wife and family. Yep, ya never know.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

That’s terrible! But good for you guys for doing the right thing. We feel for the wife and family. Yep, ya never know.

Lynn felt frustrated as she is used to having medical equipment around her when this happened at work. With her nursing experience she figured he may have already passed when his wife found him in bed. At least we tried for the sake of the wife.

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Toni and Doug - Good luck tomorrow!

Julie and Mike - Wow! A new rig. Cool. Pictures please when it happens.

Joe - How about picture of you making a snow angel or maybe a sand angel? lol.

Lynn and Roger - What a day. Y'all did the best you could with what you had. Very sad.

Guess I can't complain about the rain.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Lynn felt frustrated as she is used to having medical equipment around her when this happened at work. With her nursing experience she figured he may have already passed when his wife found him in bed. At least we tried for the sake of the wife.

So sad but the wife knows for sure that everything was done to save him and that will eventually become a comfort to her in time.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Man, it finally happened...since we've been in Florida we've had multiple times where an ambulance would show up at our campground. Yesterday afternoon I was sitting outside when I heard someone yelling for help. I ran to the rig next door to find that our neighbor's husband was lying on the floor. Thinking that he may have had a heart attack I immediately got Lynn who knows about such things. She went in and started chest compressions and we took turns doing that till the paramedics arrived. Lynn told me that he appeared to have already died before we got there but, that we had to try if only for the poor wife who was a mess as you can imagine.

I was very proud of Lynn for the way she took charge and tried to console the wife after the paramedics took over. It's too bad that we couldn't have gotten to him earlier as I'm now 0-1 for all that CPR training that we got at work. But, at least we tried.

The widow's children drove straight from Mississippi last night and I see that they're now here. Very sad.

We're supposed to close on our motor home today but, that seems trivial. Enjoy life now because you never know.

Roger

How horrible. Devastating for all concerned. Hugs to you and to Lynn {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Roger

As time goes by I'm sure it will help the widow to know that ya'll did everything you could. Good that ya'll were there to help.

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Wow Roger & Lynn, so glad you were able to try and help. I'm sure it was a no win situation, but sure glad you guys were there. None of us "old folks" want that day to come, but it will and full timing with neighbors like you guys is the best way to go. Hugs, Steve & Carol

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"