Classes of 2008 and 2009

Yeah, Jeri, I'm keeping one eye out for that storm for sure. We are going to move farther inland and south tomorrow, so maybe that will help. Not going to park in any low ground. :rolleyes: Steve

Good that you're moving! Think it's too late to send oars! :blink: We mentioned that you do have an instant source of transportation tho.....you have the boat!!!! ;)

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steve and Carol - sure hope you guys move inland and south. Sandy (hate that name) sure looks like one mean storm.

Carol and Doug - glad you're moving inland. We need everybody safe out there.

Paul and Marsha - 12" of snow????? Get out of there now! Does that mean you found a truck?

We're having gorgeous sunny, not hot, weather here. Just about perfect.

Perfect here too. Low 70's and sunny. The wind came and went last night. Beautiful sunset but not like Arizona ones, they're the best.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Hope everybody moving from the storm's path, or moving to get clear of freezing white stuff....travels safe!!! Now that we're at home I don't track the weather east and west much....sitting here in the middle of the country....we're dealing with "NO MOISTURE" of any kind, except lots of fog in the mornings and tonight's low 25. It's plenty crisp in the daytime now...one needs a jacket...and I spend a whole lot of time inside....or inside the car...and if it's foggy and yukky.... I just don't go!!! Jeri and Terry I hope your trip is difficulty free from here on out! Everybody take care!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Yes Kay, there is "the boat". Hope we don't have to resort to that, but it is always an option. :lol: Finished up our touring of DC today at the Museum of American History. All of these museums are really big, and you can sure wear yourself out touring them. We took the subway into town today and made it here and back with only a couple of glitches. We missed our station going into town and had to take a subway the other direction two stops to get back to where we belonged. Then when we got back home, we couldn't get the truck out of the parking lot!! Seems we needed a card we didn't have to be able to exit the place. Did he ever return? Did he ever return? And his fate was still unlearned!! At any rate we had to go back underground and get a plastic card to be able to exit the parking lot. At least we were able to transfer the money from our paper card to the plastic one. Hmmmmm Anyway we had a great day and are now getting ready to leave in the morning. It would take a month to see everything in this place. The best thing we ever did was put the bicycles on the truck. That was the best way to see DC, and NYC also for that matter. We can't do all that walking anymore and they have bike lanes everywhere. Well signing off for now. The saga continues..... Steve ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Worked all day getting this place ready for the influx of Low members coming next week. We have just about everything done now except getting propane for the kitchen and hooking up the yard light and the Propane tanks. After trying three different water pumps today and finding that the motor of all three worked just fine but none of the pumps would pump water, I ran into Brawley and bought a new pump and we tossed the other three in the dump. I about run my rear end off (Great Weight loss program) So tonight I took a couple of the cowgirls back into Brawley for dinner and relaxation.

Fuffy: It would be a fat chance getting Verizon to add a Tower to support the Slabs. We have no Services at all out here. No Electric, No Water, No Sewage disposal, No Road maintenance. Just a bunch of broke people that can't afford to live anywhere else. There is a Tower in Niland 3.5 miles away but the about of bandwidth allowed is very little. That's why we get fair signal strength but keep getting dropped off the internet.

Jeri, I use either Rid-X or Roebic Septic Tank Treatment. (Not the Cleaner) The trick is to stop using all the anti-bacterial products that would end up in the holding tanks because you need the aerobic-bacteria to eat the sewage. Rid-X and Roebic are sold at Walmart. That is the only reason I use those particular brands. There are others that work much faster and better but you have to order them on the internet. I find Roebic works a little better than Rid-X and stays alive better in hot weather. When you first start using this methode you should flush the tanks out pretty good to get rid of the anti-bacterial build up in the tanks and be ready to give the tanks another shot of Treatment if the action dies out. But once you have them working right a tablespoon full every dump or every other dump is all you need. You will find it liquifies everything in the tank. I use regular Charmin TP and you can't see any of it going through the clear plasting coupling in the dump hose. Everything comes out in Liquid form. Because The Aerobic Bacteria need oxygen the live and multiply, your tank vent must be working properly to keep from killing the bacteria. While using this method don't be surprised if you look into the John and see the brew in the tank bubbling. That's all those Aerobic bateria having a party. If you have any questions like where to get the other brands of Treatment ask and I'll look them up again. I can't remember there correct names right now but I have them written down somewhere. Here is a link that will tell you more than you'll every want to know about RV Sewage treatment and venting. Read the part near the bottom under the Sub Heading "RV Sewage" http://www.phrannie.org/macerator.html

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

No

Jeri, I use either Rid-X or Roebic Septic Tank Treatment. (Not the Cleaner) http://www.phrannie.org/macerator.html

Thanks!!! You just happen to be the brains in this group so we know who to ask. We will certainly pick some up when we get close to a Wal-Mart. Not sure where one is right now. It may be in Parker!! Thank you again!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

"Jeri, I use either Rid-X or Roebic Septic Tank Treatment. (Not the Cleaner) "

We've always use Rid-X but may try Roebic since we spend so much time in hot weather - be it AZ or MT.

We are having us some "breeze" the last couple of days. I figure Jeri must have sent it our way trying to get rid of in her path.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

"Jeri, I use either Rid-X or Roebic Septic Tank Treatment. (Not the Cleaner) "

We've always use Rid-X but may try Roebic since we spend so much time in hot weather - be it AZ or MT.

We are having us some "breeze" the last couple of days. I figure Jeri must have sent it our way trying to get rid of in her path.

Well, if I could have, I would have. It's a little breezy where we are but that's because we are almost sitting on the ocean. The Santa Ana winds are just south of us but should be over this afternoon. We'll pull out tomorrow and probably spend a couple nights in the Palm Springs area before moving on to "Q" for a few more nights. Barbara, Me and My Dog, is there. We're going to pull in next to her. We want to visit Gamblers, go to Parker and do a few other things before we move on to the Scottsdale Elks about next weekend. That's the plan. You know how good we are at keeping our plans!! :D

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Well, we drove south for a while today and are now "hunkered down" in Carolina crossroads rv resort for a couple of nights while this storm heads north. This is the first time we have had "full hookups" for quite a while. I think the last time was in Sault Ste Marie back in July. This place has a pool, continental breakfast and fhups for 28 per night. Nice set up and right on I-95 so easy off easy on. They said we could play it by ear and go day by day while this storm figures out what it's going to do. This place is just about 10m south of the North carolina Virginia state line. Now to get ready for the OU Notre Dame game tonight. Rough life..... Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well, we drove south for a while today and are now "hunkered down" in Carolina crossroads rv resort for a couple of nights while this storm heads north. This is the first time we have had "full hookups" for quite a while. I think the last time was in Sault Ste Marie back in July. This place has a pool, continental breakfast and fhups for 28 per night. Nice set up and right on I-95 so easy off easy on. They said we could play it by ear and go day by day while this storm figures out what it's going to do. This place is just about 10m south of the North carolina Virginia state line. Now to get ready for the OU Notre Dame game tonight. Rough life..... Steve

I have a feeling that Notre Dame's undefeated record is about to come to an end!!! :}

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Didn't do much today except shoot the bull. I did trouble shoot and correct a wiring problem in our Flagpole light. It was in the back room of a closed up trailer and about a zillion degrees. I should have rendered out about 50 lbs of fat but a glance in the mirror doesn't verify that. I also got my ladder out and cleaned my Solar Panels for a change. They sure were dusty. Tomorrow I'll trouble shoot the hookup of the solar system in the Library. The guys that hooked it up don't know if they got it working or not. I haven't looked at it yet. They just told me about it at happy hour. Now all I have to do is get a life.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I have a feeling that Notre Dame's undefeated record is about to come to an end!!! :}

Looks like Notre Dame is intact, darn it all...... :(

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Sitting on the bluff overlooking the ocean in Pacific Beach, WA. Hooked the antenna to the Verizon MiFi this morning and I have internet. Spent yesterday at the Ocean Shores Convention Center listening to Irish music. We will be heading back today for more of the same. Raining here, but what else would one expect in the PNW.

Joe

I even managed to get my pin moved on the map. :o

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Sitting on the bluff overlooking the ocean in Pacific Beach, WA. Hooked the antenna to the Verizon MiFi this morning and I have internet. Spent yesterday at the Ocean Shores Convention Center listening to Irish music. We will be heading back today for more of the same. Raining here, but what else would one expect in the PNW.

Joe

Joe...Let us know when your back. We have moved to OH.

Steve & Sandy

Papillon's Yoda & Ruby

2008 Phaeton 40QDH DP

http://allgire-travels.blogspot.com

Joe

Guess you didn't feel the earthquake last night then, eh! 7.7 m. Biggest in 60 years. Would have been my 5th earthquake but none that big.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Guest coldsmoke

still broken down.. fracking camping world made it all worse,, even set the MH on fire yesterday. put it out before much damage was done.

so off to klamath falls oregon in morning

maybe there is a repair place with a brain there

mike and deb

Edited by coldsmoke

10/27 to 10/31 We made it to Concord, NC and are camping next to the raceway. Well, we may have escaped Sandy but she is still going to cost us!! 2 hours after leaving Va. Beach to escape Sandy we had our second blowout on the RV in less than a year!!Only no noticable damage this time that a little tweek didn't fix, and no trip back to the factory. Could have been a whole lot worse!! Still a shock as we limped off the road to a nearby church parking lot and changed the tire.

Thank goodness for Pressure Pro, we heard the pop, the beep, and stopped immediately. We called the tire place in Concord before even leaving the church! So we have two tires to pick up Monday, one for the spare and one ro replace another one that is the same age as the blown one. Not taking any chances!! Soooo... $800+ for tires, CG fees, and the gass will push us over $1,000!!! Gee, thanks hurricane Sandy!! But always better to be safe than sorry.

We were camped right next to the beach and word from family is that the sand is blowing horrendously and there are already high waves, storm surges and flooding. Sure hope we can return to the beach by the end of the week if they haven't lost power. At least there is a huge mall here in Concord and we are getting our walking done!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Guess you didn't feel the earthquake last night then, eh! 7.7 m. Biggest in 60 years. Would have been my 5th earthquake but none that big.

I heard about it on the news today! wow, someone has Psst Mother Nature off for real! Hurricane Sandy and Earthquakes. From the sounds of it no real damage this time. Watching Sandy unfold....glad I'm in the middle of the country. Everyone on the move be careful out there....so sorry you guys having blow outs and fires! Guess there'll be some pretty good campfire stories this year. Toni...where are you guys now? Headed for Casa?

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Geez, I miss a couple of days and there are three pages to catch up on. OK, it may have been more than a couple of days. But, I've been busy getting ready to move into my new RV which I get possession of TOMORROW! Unfortunately, the boxes of stuff I shipped down aren't going to be here yet so it will take a few days to get moved in and stocked up. Then begins a new chapter as Dave heads back to Minnesota without me. Wonder what this chapter will look like?

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well Slab Lows is open for business we have everything back in place and running. This evening we had a Hamburg, Hot Dog, Bean, sour Krout, Fried Cabbage, Slaw, Cold Beer, and a few other things Appreciation dinner for all those who helped get the place put back together and running again. I feel really good about all the cooperation from the few that are here now in getting thing going again. Now all we have to worry about is going to the delicious meals the gals fix for us. I'm sure glad I'm not home in the Mountains of NC now. They are under three weather alerts tonight. Winter Storm, High Winds, Freezing. That just don't sound like my kind of weather.

I heard about it on the news today! wow, someone has Psst Mother Nature off for real! Hurricane Sandy and Earthquakes. From the sounds of it no real damage this time. Watching Sandy unfold....glad I'm in the middle of the country. Everyone on the move be careful out there....so sorry you guys having blow outs and fires! Guess there'll be some pretty good campfire stories this year. Toni...where are you guys now? Headed for Casa?

We are in Overton, NV for a while, then Lake Havasu area and then Casa Grande about the first week of December.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

No, first I heard of it was a friends post on FB. Tried watching the news last night but all they talked about was "Sandy". Oh well, I'll be moving my peg back north later today.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

My Ex-Housekeeper called today and all she did was complain about it being cXXX, with SXXX and WXXX and the roads were IXX. All I did was grin. And for some reason I didn't mind the 90 degree weather we are getting at all.

I went to town today for a few groceries and some extra filtered water to tide me over until I have to dump which will be pretty soon. I tried to find a manual timer on a 50 amp DC Switch. All I got was some dumb looking stares. I know they make them because we have one on the Flagpole light. We wire it in series with the DC input of a small Inverter and plug the Flagpole light into the inverter. We turn it on about 6PM and set the timer for about 4 1/2 hours and it disconnects the inverter about 10:30 and turns the light off. That way the inverter isn't left on all night to use up battery power and we don't have to stay up to turn thing off late at night. Tomorrow I'll try to get a little carving done.

We're hunkered down near OH/MI border -- finishing up Mom's affairs/accounts, getting ready to head south/west.

Jeri --- what Elks lodge, Pismo?!? (That's the only one I know is a "long" walking block to the beach.) Hope all's well!

Steve (and Yoda) -- where in OH r u?!? We're heading to Edon when the storms lighten up (maybe Wed), getting wheels replaced (under warranty, due to clear coat peeling off)... then, onward to Elkhart for a few RV shop "treats" (BigFoot visit, slide-out service, Mor/Ryde visit), and Chicago to get a new muffler on the smart car.

From Chicago, we're hoping to head SE to VA (possible contract-job @ DHS), SC & Savannah to visit nieces, then Orlando area to visit Mom's sister and BIL,,, maybe visit Mom's place in Estero -- we always like visiting there, but not to own,,, it's just too far away from our g-kids and the "lovely" Calif. coast!

Cheers and safe travels to all!

-Don

p.s. Hey Ms. Kay -- we, too, had a blow-out with PressurePro alert (en route from NYC to OH for Mom's last day), replaced the tire, submitted old one to PDCT@goodyear.com, they reimbursed us the full $500.xx for the new G114!

p.p.s. Lee --- You *may* wanna try an antenna --- don't recall what is your wi-fi device; I have a 4G aircard UML290), for $20 (ultimately, got a refund when they sent me the wrong one) --- AND, it has TWO different ports, depending on whether my local tower is 3G or 4G; it does seem to help data speed when I'm on a 3G tower (like now); so far, i have not needed it for 4G speed, since 4G is so much better (even with a weak signal).

Edited by DonF

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion