Air conditioning problem

Have a Colman AC in our 2013 American Tradition. The problem is the fan on top broke one of the blades off and that made the motor come loose. I got a new fan, but the brackets that hold the fan motor the bottom of the housing has come loose from the bottom. I can't figure how to reattach it without removing the AC from the roof. It has 3 arms that sit on rubber 1/2" pads. The screws that hold this are inserted from the bottom. Can't reach the bottom. Any ideas?

Check out thread Inserts, may work for this. Even Harbor Freight has A cheap set. 

2000 National RV Sea Breeze 5th wheel 30ft.

So.California

1950 F1 street rod

1949 F1 stock V8 flathead

1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed shortened frame.

1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame

1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, king coil-overs,etc

1970 Baha Bug wihg 2332cc, King coil overs and everything else there is.

1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins, turbo, trans, injectors, lockers, bigger turbo,edge EZ upgrades for towing 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

Sure, pop rivet a 1/8plate and then thread insert

2000 National RV Sea Breeze 5th wheel 30ft.

So.California

1950 F1 street rod

1949 F1 stock V8 flathead

1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed shortened frame.

1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame

1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, king coil-overs,etc

1970 Baha Bug wihg 2332cc, King coil overs and everything else there is.

1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins, turbo, trans, injectors, lockers, bigger turbo,edge EZ upgrades for towing 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

Bite the bullet, buy a new air conditioner gasket, remove the AC from the opening, make required repairs, use new gasket and replace AC  unit. NEVER reuse the old gasket.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

3 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Bite the bullet, buy a new air conditioner gasket, remove the AC from the opening, make required repairs, use new gasket and replace AC  unit. NEVER reuse the old gasket.

I agree.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

If I remember correctly( Airxcel which makes those units) told me to make sure that the ac unit is not touching anything that would put stress on that base. Yes I have seen a few of those problem. I had one that the fan broke which made the motor vibrate and broke all the mounts. When I looked in the motor was laying on its side.

You may use some goop which is a strong glue that never gets real hard. But is really tough. It may assist in trying to mount the motor again.

Safe Travels,    Vern

What I did come up with is I bought some 2" thin plates from HD and welded a threaded stud from behind the plate. Then I epoxied the plate where the old screws were and lined them up to the motor studs. The rubber isolation made I had to drill out to except the stud. So far so good. After I got it all together, I notice the fan was touching the cover. The cover was caved in from the sun heat. I hot glued sone hard foam strips on top of the box, or you could have done the same under the plastic cover.