What legal docs do you carry in the RV?

3 minutes ago, Rich&Sylvia said:

Last week I photo documented all the "add-on" upgrades to my insured vehicles. 

Do you also have them listed on your RV insurance? If not the insurance is not likely to cover them, should they be damaged or destroyed.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 4/21/2019 at 6:33 AM, Kirk W said:

Do you also have them listed on your RV insurance? If not the insurance is not likely to cover them, should they be damaged or destroyed.

Good question.  They are not listed.  To my knowledge, everything on board the camper is covered.  This includes laptops, electronics, etc.  I'll speak with my agent about the upgrades to truck, tow and camper.

Healthcare Directive.  This is one that stays with the camper.  
Passport - doesn't do any good at home - it's in the camper.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pappy Yokum said:

Rotsa ruck with the "UL-350 fire rated safe"  -  nice convection oven!

Recently a friend's 5th wheel was destroyed in the Camp Fire (Paradise, CA). 

The frame survived.

In a sustained 1700+ deg.F temperature fire that outlasts our UL-350 1-hour rated document safe, I suspect the loss of the documents would be the least of our worries. Then again, it likely wouldn't survive a direct hit nuclear blast either... ;)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

On 4/22/2019 at 11:48 AM, Rich&Sylvia said:

Healthcare Directive.  This is one that stays with the camper.  

You should consider having your living will, medical directives, and medical power of attorney recorded in your county.  We did that, and now they are accessible to anyone, with PROOF that they are valid.  I know several people who have had problems with printed versions that they carry.  My mom had to go through this with my dad, when he had a massive stroke.  Recorded documents are always accepted as valid.

https://azsos.gov/services/advance-directives

6 minutes ago, Carlos said:

You should consider having your living will, medical directives, and medical power of attorney recorded in your county. 

https://azsos.gov/services/advance-directives

It appears to be an Arizona thing. Not sure if such a service is available elsewhere.

In our apartment complex they keep a file of those documents, including our POLSTs, at the front desk in case of emergency plus there is a set stuck to the front of our fridge that's labeled "File of Life," and our designees have a copy. I also have my health care directive on file at our hospital of choice where our primary physicians practice. Since we are no longer traveling we feel well covered.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van