ND positions

NDBirdman

Just received an e-mail form ND park system.  Thought I'd pass it on if anyone it interested, I don't know how far they advertise this, but here it is.

Campground Host Openings

Consider volunteering to work in a North Dakota State Park as a Campground Host. In exchange for working a one to three month period, hosts receive free, full-service camping for the duration of their stay.

Availability:
  • Session 1: May 12 – June 10
  • Session 4: Aug 6 – Sept 9
  • Session 5: Sept 10 – 30

Availability:
  • Session 3: July 9 – Aug 5

Availability:
  • Session 1: May 12 – June 10
  • Session 3: July 9 – Aug 5

Availability:
  • Session 2: June 11 – July 8

Availability:
  • Session 4: Aug 6 – Sept 20

Availability:
  • Session 5: Sept 10 – Sept 30

Availability:
  • Session 3: July 9 – Aug 5

Availability:
  • Session 2: June 11 – July 8
  • Session 4: Aug 6 – Sept 9
  • Session 5:Sept 10 – Sept 30

Web site:

https://www.parkrec.nd.gov/business/our-team/campground-hosts

I have NO affiliation with them or job offers, have never done one of these but sounds interesting.  I know Kirk did one last year, maybe he will say something about his experience in ND.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

The Turtle River site, you'll be a close neighbor to me.  I will say it is a very nice park, nice and quiet, close to an AFB and about 25 miles to Grand Forks.  Would be a good gig for someone.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

We had a great experience but did something that was new and may not be available at present. We lived in the employee area of Cross Ranch State Park and worked there 1 or 2 days a week, spending most of our time at the Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center. At Cross Ranch, I did Friday & Saturday night amphitheater programs, mostly about Lewis & Clark and the ranch as it was when they passed through there. At the interpretive center, Pam did restoration work on some of the displays and the hands-on items while I answered questions for visitors and sometimes did tours of the replica of Fort Mandan. It was a great experience and we completely enjoyed working with the staff at Cross Ranch, but we were not campground hosts, as is the position advertised. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

9 hours ago, packnrat said:

north dakota?  does this gig include free snow removal each day?

as that far north might only get a week or two with no snow falling out of the sky.

i think i will stay a bit south of there.

ROFLMAO!  In our 20 years here, we have seen snow in all but one month.  Generally, you will enjoy some of the nicest summer temps in the continental US of A here.  On average, maybe 2 weeks around 90 degrees, the rest in the upper 70s to mid 80s.  I'm not trying to sell you on ND, you would have to enjoy the outdoors, windy days, some of the best fishing, and swarms of skeeters making up for 8 months of no blood sucking because it's below freezing... LOL  It is a great state during the summer.  Winter, ehh, not so much.

Archived