Dish washer machine

GlennWest

Going to be replacing mine soon. I was surprised at the amount of units advalable. Unusual in an RV. Electrolux drawer is popular but not practical in our unit. It has an 18" unit, Amanda, and it is a very poor performer. Came with our 2003 Teton. Lowe's has Hot point, Haair, fridgidare, Bosh several of each. Any recommendations? Thanks

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

We have the Fisher & Paykel and like it very much.  There are others available, but this one seems to be the most prevalent OEM installed make from what I have seen.  I would recommend it.  They have several different sizes available.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Fisher & Paykel X2.  Put one in between the clothes washer and dryer 3 yrs ago.  No issues except a chrome ring from a knife handle came off and plugged the drain.  At the time I got mine there were 2 sizes available.  One was a bit taller but wouldn't fit in the space I had so went with the 16" drawer.  It fits a 10" dinner plate and that's adequate.

No to the drawer type.  Too much trouble to load and unload. If you drop something you have to unload the unit to gain access to the bottom.  Look at the Vesta units with the drop front door and rack more like a home unit.  Using on for over 3 years full time now and not a problem.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

I'm calling  that one.

Not everyone has the room for an 18" or 24" residential unit.

No big deal to deal with dropped items.  Probably one of the best upgrades I've done.  it fits between the washer and dryer.  Power, water and drain are already there and it fills otherwise useless space.

Now dishes go straight from table to dw. Now no counter clutter or messy sink.

We just replaced our Kenmore 18" dish washer with another one from Sears.  18" dish washers are more expensive because of the lower rate of manufacture.  

We checked Lowes, Home Depot, and Best Buy and in all cases it would be an order with several weeks of delivery.  Sears was a few days.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Yes.  We replaced the 13 year old unit because the motor was leaking and parts no longer available.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Archived