vent cover for Airstream

Happy Wanderer

Hi Happy,

I have a question for you. Are you talking about a vent cover for an exhaust fan ? If you are, please give the brand name of the exhaust fan. This info could please get you the answer you need. Have you talked to any service department that works on Airstreams ? Maybe they could have an answer for you.

Best of luck,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

1 hour ago, Happy Wanderer said:

I didn't realize there were so many different hinge types. 

Do you mean that you need to part that cranks open, or the vent cover like MaxAir and others make? The part that opens could be any of about 3 different makes and each has a unique hinge and opener.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3tNdIuxO3Z2AebRCPz                                 or                                shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2BSQo269YO9dhu4z31

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Happy Wanderer:

Have you posted this question on the Airstream forums “airforums.com”?

I’m sure that someone there can give you specific answers since they will be familiar with Airstreams.

Dave

Dave

2008 Airstream 34’ Classic Trailer

Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins CTD

If it's not too late - I just had to do this last month on my 2008 Safari. The key is the hinge - there are 3-4 different kinds of hinges. The two square vents in my ceiling (one manual no fan, one fantastic fan) are both different.

For me it helped to snap a picture of the hinge, then I showed it to the RV parts guy who helped me out. I specifically needed a "new Jensen". 

Hope that helps a bit...

Archived