Curt Q25 or B&W Companion OEM 25K

RV fan

I have the B&W Companion hitch for my Ram 3500.  I had a B&W slider when I had a short bed truck.  I don't think you can find a better hitch than the B&W.  With the B&W there will be no doubt if you are hitched correct once the handle moves to the locked position.  Made in the USA as well.  Highly recommended.  I have never heard anything bad about the B&W.  It is heavy but the head comes off the base to make it a little lighter and it fits nicely into the mounts in the bed of the Ram.

Tom

For the trailer weight range you are discussing, I don’t think you can get a better hitch than the B&W.  It is always my first recommendation to anyone who asks.  I had one for 5 years in my dually and my neighbor (who bought my dually) is still using it with no issues six years later (a total of 11 years in service so far and still as good as the day I bought it).

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Ok, thanks. Now a curve ball, my trailer has a rigid pin box (on edit, it has a Demco glide ride pin head, but still would like comments on the BD3 or possibly replace the Demco with a FlexAir 21K) so I'm also looking at the air hitch BD3 but it is only 18K and am pretty close at 17,500. Comments are appreciated.

Thanks for all your help

Another edit. I see the specs on the Demco (which is on the trailer) glide ride are 18,000lb.

• 2 weeks later...

Have been silently following this forum for years and never joined in, however now we are planing on going from a class A to a fifth wheel can you share any thoughts on the Anderson 3220 - Aluminum Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection 2 –Gooseneck version Rated at 24,000 lbs GTWR and 4,500 lbs tongue weight.  I am looking at a Van Leigh 369 FB  GVWR 16,000 Lbs.all opinions are appreciated.

Thank you

I have used this one for 1 year now.  The red sleeve around the pin conversion mount cracked and they replaced it pronto.  Other than that, I like it.  Mines on a '15 3500 DRW Mega Cab (short box).  I will continue to use it in the future.  If I was to change out, I would more than likely use the GooseBox.  I do love I can remove/install with ease as it is light and I have a bad back.  Highly recommend it.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

2 hours ago, Paul Bellerud said:

Thanks for the  replay.

Frigid north, ND  How far North?

West of Grand Forks a few miles.  Not that far from the canuk border.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Archived