Jackalopee installed

Vegas Teacher

Over the weekend the Jackalopee was installed. I drove to Vegas Flyers house in Pahrump, and Flyer did a lot of work and taught me a number of things. One of the things we decided to do was measure from side to side of the back wall under the cab from side to side along with the height. All of my saws were in Vegas so I had Home depot cut me a 1/2 inch sheet of plywood in 7 foot 1 inch section long 14 inches wide. Flyer mounted this to the back of the wall and we then mounted the Jackalopee to it. I might take it off and put some insulation and some Styrofoam behind it, but now I have a lot of mounting space for various products. I also kept all of the wood from the 4 x 8 sheet of plywood in the 14 inch wide strips so I could mount that in various locations under the cab, to use to mount other items to the walls instead of on the floor. 

I bought the wrong multi-cable. Mine had 6 instead of 7 wires, Flyer had bought one for him with the correct number so he game me his and I ordered a new one for him off of Amazon. 

While there we figured out my air bags on the cab were dry rotted and the cab shocks, air valves and  air lines were also shot. So I ordered all new stuff from TEC / Volvo Las Vegas today. Just shy of 300.00 worth of parts. Flyer is pretty sure this will fix my lean issue, once the bags and shocks are on the truck all should be good. Might now have to tear into the leaf spring, I would be happy, used they go for 300.00 plus new are over 500.00

Flyer is not around this weekend and I am training in Fontana this weekend so the following weekend I will be going to Pahrump again to work with Flyer if a plane does not fall out of the sky. 

When I was getting gas last I saw a new truck at the pumps, so I asked the guy if it was a 860, OMG they are incredible.

Watched Smokey and the Bandit 2 last night, did not like it as much as the first.

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory O

P.S. Dolly Trolly - you live over the hump in Pahrump don't you? Would you like to meet up for lunch with me and Flyer next time I do a little bit of work on the truck? I will P.M. my phone number if you would like?

20 hours ago, Sculptor said:

We dove into the Directlink half of this project last week also.  Cheers and good luck!

How bad was it? The Jackalopee project took me and flyer all day, however we are both picky people and kept saying what if we did it this way. I will also look at the cab air bags when we do this.

The lower steering column comes off easily.  Undo the screws, pop the hood, or vice versa. With the hood up walk to the hood catch sitting right under the fender. (When hood is closed). 

Pull the cable to get some slack. Unhook cable from catch.  Do both sides.

Open door reach in and pull hood release for extra slack. Slide cable ends sideways out of handle. 

After removing screws, The center panel edge pops down, then slides rearward. 

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

On 4/23/2018 at 11:56 AM, Vegas Teacher said:

Flyer is not around this weekend and I am training in Fontana this weekend so the following weekend I will be going to Pahrump again to work with Flyer if a plane does not fall out of the sky. 

When I was getting gas last I saw a new truck at the pumps, so I asked the guy if it was a 860, OMG they are incredible.

Watched Smokey and the Bandit 2 last night, did not like it as much as the first.

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory O

P.S. Dolly Trolly - you live over the hump in Pahrump don't you? Would you like to meet up for lunch with me and Flyer next time I do a little bit of work on the truck? I will P.M. my phone number if you would like?

Teach,

At my age .....never sure what lunch might be my ......last lunch..... but what the heck why not try for one more meal.....

Last year as I recall, we had lunch with Flyer and Ronbo and crews had some Mex-Vittles at El Jaffe's and it is cheep and good........

Now with your ......."fetish-for-co-ed-truck-stop-showers" we might consider lunch at the Chicken Ranch Brothel Cafe........just a rumor that I have heard, but folks rave about the food ...........not sure about the "service"..........Dollymamma has no problem with me lunching at the "Ranch" since she knows how safe ladies are around me........not sure about you and flyer though.........you guys likely need to get permission from your "managers"........before you were born I had a co-pilot that was going to write a book about massage / bordello's of N. America so for a couple years it seems that I had to pick him up at some fairly "out-of-the-way-joints" at strange hours just because the regs required two pilots..........hummmm....he never did send me a copy of the book........

Our "camp" is N/W of Pahrump next to Last Chance Peak so it takes about 20 minutes to wonder into Pahrump so if I am a bit late just place your order and I'll wonder in soon....

Drive on............(Great food.........not sure about the "service")

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived