New Califederation firearm laws impact

Yarome

If he operates within the state constitution it would seem the answer would be to band together and replace by vote the ones that don't see it your way. Of course there will some that see it the other way and will try to get the one that sees it their way into the legislature/senate. It is the nature of the beast. I personally don't want anyone to try and do away with gun ownership or institue unreasonalbe restrictions but I am for some controls. That is just the way I see it. I would like to see "some" gun rights restored to "some' felons with some fairly stringent restrictions.  There is common sense out there but it can be really hard to come by given the "screamers" on each side of the discussion.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Jim. I want no threat to my arms, and no threat to my life by the mentally ill or situational temporarily insane because no arms allowed. We only have ourselves for defense, all the police do, several minutes to an hour after, is to pick up the pieces. I carried for 20 of my 27 years in the military and unsnapped my holster maybe five times but never had to draw let alone fire. I had to draw twice at home off base holding each thief for police as my authority ended at the base gates. One turned out to have a pocket pistol found when the police cuffed and frisked him.

I have not had to kill and hope to heaven I get to end my days without that experience.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2017 at 12:52 PM, Ronbo said:

We visit California ever winter for 1-4 months. When I visit I don’t admit to owning any firearms. They stay in my rv. If you do use a handgun, make sure it doesn’t have a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds in it. That will get you a felony conviction just for possession. A good site is calguns.net. 

You have learned one fundamental truth when it comes to government and minimizing your risk exposure... Shut the F up. Shut yer PIE HOLE. That applies to other things you might be carrying...in sealed, glass jars, washed off after sealing. With air fresheners.

On 1/9/2018 at 6:45 PM, RV_ said:

I agree Jim. I want no threat to my arms, and no threat to my life by the mentally ill or situational temporarily insane because no arms allowed. We only have ourselves for defense, all the police do, several minutes to an hour after, is to pick up the pieces. I carried for 20 of my 27 years in the military and unsnapped my holster maybe five times but never had to draw let alone fire. I had to draw twice at home off base holding each thief for police as my authority ended at the base gates. One turned out to have a pocket pistol found when the police cuffed and frisked him.

I have not had to kill and hope to heaven I get to end my days without that experience.

As much as I wish this weren't true, it IS true. I will say this - anyone admitting to a gun offense in my presence will be quietly, without announcement, turned in.

'Why would you do that?,' you ask?

Because law-abiding gun owners (I'm one) do not commit gun offenses, whether it's owning illegal, high-cap mags, flash suppressors, firearms themselves, poaching, hit men, whatever. Gun offenses get dimed out. You can't be a law-abiding 2A person and own illegal firearms, or commit gun crimes. If you are law-abiding, you obey the law, even if it pisses you off. Capice?

On 1/8/2018 at 12:38 PM, RV_ said:

Yarome,

You pegged it right the first time. There are only two types of people in the world. Those that don't want to control others, and those that do. California is not the only state with self appointed know-it alls-who holler don't legislate against my interests, and are the first to legislate against yours.

Pinger,

I played an interrogator for several years while active duty.

Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

#SMH. Like that's different than anyone else, anyplace else. And F Chuck Norris.

1 hour ago, OldMan said:

...will be quietly, without announcement, turned in.

Capice?

Isn't that whats so great about the U.S. though? Everyone is free to express their opinions, try to impose their belief systems on others and stick their noses into anyone elses business they choose. ;)

You better hide your airtight glass herb jars. :lol::D

1 minute ago, Yarome said:

Isn't that whats so great about the U.S. though? Everyone is free to express their opinions, try to impose their belief systems on others and stick their noses into anyone elses business they choose. ;)

You better hide your airtight glass herb jars. :lol::D

You went there? Made that comparison? These jokes just don't write themselves.

4 hours ago, OldMan said:

As much as I wish this weren't true, it IS true. I will say this - anyone admitting to a gun offense in my presence will be quietly, without announcement, turned in.

'Why would you do that?,' you ask?

Because law-abiding gun owners (I'm one) do not commit gun offenses, whether it's owning illegal, high-cap mags, flash suppressors, firearms themselves, poaching, hit men, whatever. Gun offenses get dimed out. You can't be a law-abiding 2A person and own illegal firearms, or commit gun crimes. If you are law-abiding, you obey the law, even if it pisses you off. Capice?

that was written when you quoted this post of mine that you answered above:

On 1/9/2018 at 8:45 PM, RV_ said:

Old Man,

What did that have to do with my post that you quoted. Why would obeying the law piss me off? Capice?

Here's an article I wrote back in 2000 after three years of full time RVing in 1997/8/9. It is on my website here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~derekgore/rvroadiervfulltimingwhatisitreallylike/id85.html

I am looking into these big bore airguns too for fun. Here is a video showing legal suppressed silent air rifles. Some are bulldog design and fire .357 giant pellets the same size and bigger than a 357 slug.

I think I will get one of the Air Force suppressed sniper combos in .45 that has more knockdown than a government .45 ACP pistol. like this:

https://www.airgundepot.com/airforce-texan-ss-hawke-scope-combo.html

Here is the full review showing how powerful airguns have become:

These things are a hoot. And legal. For all as of now.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

4 hours ago, RV_ said:

that was written when you quoted this post of mine that you answered above:

Old Man,

What did that have to do with my post that you quoted. Why would obeying the law piss me off? Capice?

Here's an article I wrote back in 2000 after three years of full time RVing in 1997/8/9. It is on my website here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~derekgore/rvroadiervfulltimingwhatisitreallylike/id85.html

I am looking into these big bore airguns too for fun. Here is a video showing legal suppressed silent air rifles. Some are bulldog design and fire .357 giant pellets the same size and bigger than a 357 slug.

I think I will get one of the Air Force suppressed sniper combos in .45 that has more knockdown than a government .45 ACP pistol. like this:

https://www.airgundepot.com/airforce-texan-ss-hawke-scope-combo.html

Here is the full review showing how powerful airguns have become:

These things are a hoot. And legal. For all as of now.

Which is insane, though the average gomer (that would include me) wouldn't have a clue of how to use it or the training and emotional requirements to make a good sniper. It's so much more than the hardware, and I have no clue. But at least I admit it.

WRT getting pissed off, I should have written that sentence much better and made it clear I wasn't referring to you, specifically, but mostly all the gomers all cranked up over California's laws. All I can say to anyone complaining about that is Alabammy with its open carry laws and second-worst-in-the-nation poverty and obesity rate awaits them.

NOoooo,

It's not a sniper rifle just a good air rifle capable of taking deer and the wild hogs here that are multiplying like rabbits.

It is a hobby piece for enthusiasts. It is in the shape of a sniper rifle and if you watched the video you'd see how effective the legal air rifle suppressor is. After getting the tank to refill it that can only be filled at a dive shop to get the psi to make them powerful enough to hunt with it. The hogs are so bad here they are issuing permits for the asking to even night hunt and trap them. No one "needs" one. just like no one "needs" a $60k tournament Bass boat, or a Krieghoff shotgun (http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/krieghoff-shotguns.cfm?cat_id=634) for $32k when a Remington 870 Wingmaster will work for $300.00.

So those air guns are just state of the art fun toys that actually work. The hogs are affecting our deer herd by eating newborn animals and my rabbits are gone. And they're tearing up the crops.

They are almost never sick from bacterial infections or parasites and I can testify that they are better eating than domestic pork. http://wildpiginfo.msstate.edu/behavior-feral-pigs.html

Might as well have fun making it more of a challenge. We've taken an average of 200-500 pound animals. They are out late nights and mostly here from 11pm to about 3am.

The sniper look is all fluff for some seriously interesting air guns. There are a bunch of other videos about big bore air rifles.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

On 2/18/2018 at 2:26 AM, RV_ said:

...just a good air rifle...

...I can testify that they are better eating than domestic pork.

Might as well have fun making it more of a challenge.

Those look like quite a lot of fun, and could actually be rather practical when 3S-treatments are necessary, but in questionable geographical locations... or taking small game in such. Stuff like that though, the Texan SS in a .357 would seem a much more practical round (lower FPE, but likely better range). If that were the case I just might have to go get me one. Still though... throwing a .45 around 1000fps w/400fpe is impressive at only 107-db. A .357 would "likely" (guesstimating) run in the 95~ish range. Now THAT would be fun! :P

X2! Wholeheartedly.

A range limited (@ full FPE) single shot... 5 shot max... (n' hope they don't chase ya after shot 1)... Sounds sporting for both parties envolved! When you wanna go?? ;)

Yeah you see what I mean. I am only put off by the $399 tank and the necessity of going to a dive shop to fill it for a lot of air rifle fill-ups. Go here and read the reviews. If you always take a four wheeler with you shooting in the field you could get a cheaper used Scuba tank and then use adapters and keep it on the four wheeler with w home built carrier or strapped into a front or rear carrier rack.

https://www.airgundepot.com/benjamin-pcp-charging-tank-system-90-cu.html

Read the reviews of that tank. I am moving from Louisiana tro Colorado this summer so will wait until then and check fill shops and pressure and prices before I decide what type of tank to use. Fortunately we are both PADI certified and still have our PADI cards to fill scuba tanks. IN Colorado we will likely be driving a truck or Subaru AWD which could pull a small utility trailer and four wheeler. I have a 10 foot X 6.5 foot wide single axle light trailer I had made for a four cylinder Ranger truck I had briefly until I could not stand using it as a car with the terrible lack of power and acceleration. So I now have another long bed Dodge 2500 Ram Diesel. I need to get with some owners up there and see which Subarus can haul a bit more than the other smaller SUVs. I've owned four Subarus and loved them all starting with a 1978 Custom Brat back in 1980, then a Wagon in 1990 that was a 1995, and lastly my Subaru Forester I recently had that was a 2004 I sold in 2008. MY career field in the military always supplied us with 4X4 Power wagon six packs, and even a Levis edition Jeep CJ7 back in the day. I prefer them to the add on 4X4 of other brands save one or two passenger cars I don't like. I can carry the bottle in the Subaru if they can haul a tiny trailer with a four wheeler on board I can make a carrier for it on the ATV.

I am buying one later this year or next once I figure out vehicles and trailers and ATVs or not.

I also may just get a compressor of my own if I get involved with more than one and a club or some such. Filling the tanks of other can pay for my toys. Just like when we were professional mobile DJs from 1983-2003. That paid for my equipment and mu music since I was replacing hundreds of LPs and dbx tapes with CDs for those first few years from about 83-87, when I was only buying new stuff and had all the oldies on CD. I spent a month ripping them back in 2007 or 8, three to more hours a day just sliding them in for a minute or two each. I was ripping to the max mp3 resolution of 320Kbps. That collection takes almost 175 GB of space on my drive. I no longer buy any hardware storage for music or movies like CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, as all my content is cheaper and easier to get online. However, I do look through CDs at Pawn Shops and Goodwill/yard sales for rare music and pressings. I keep a ripping top quality turntable that has batteries and small amp/speakers to take with me to sales in the car to test lps and even 78rpm recordings.

We had fun and made money far above our costs after the first five years or so.

Same can be done running a paintball shop or just a fill station for air guns and scuba tanks. Pay me to play! :D

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

On 1/8/2018 at 10:01 AM, pinger said:

California needs a electoral college voting system where as the counties of California decides instead of a couple large cities controlling the other 90% of the state.. 

this is why some are trying to split the state up to form the state of Jefferson. (NOT new ca split) as the powers that be in sacramento do not want to add in 1500 new seats.

as to gun laws here. it is easy to work within them. but then i live out in the country, where most own guns. sad some city folk are trashing our shooting areas.

but in a nut shell.

NO mags over 10 rounds. (not even parts kits).

NO full auto.

NO threaded pistol barrels. (too many hollywood movies).

NO mufflers, (and flash hiders).

NO 50 BMG. (only cartridge by law banned).

watch out with bolt,screw,clamp on items to some guns. (just makes the gun look scary).

most otherwise good to go. just stay within the fed laws.

except for the new illegal ammo import law. but not searching anybody...yet.

2 hours ago, packnrat said:

as to gun laws here. it is easy to work within them. but then i live out in the country, where most own guns. sad some city folk are trashing our shooting areas.

but in a nut shell.

NO mags over 10 rounds. (not even parts kits).

NO full auto.

NO threaded pistol barrels. (too many hollywood movies).

NO mufflers, (and flash hiders).

NO 50 BMG. (only cartridge by law banned).

watch out with bolt,screw,clamp on items to some guns. (just makes the gun look scary).

most otherwise good to go. just stay within the fed laws.

except for the new illegal ammo import law. but not searching anybody...yet.

I am totally confused. Are those California gun laws? Are those your suggestions for changes to the gun laws? Are those county local gun laws in your rural area???

What? Clarify please.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

sorry if i confused you.

in ca gun laws are controled by the state not county or city.

was just saying i live in the country. rual and a hr away from a "big" city.

up here it is not the same as living in a city. some areas in this county are hrs away from anything.

the "list" is a general please go to

http://www.calguns.net

for better and compleat info.

but as long as you do not cause anyone to look your way, no problems.

i belive some of the open shoot areas are beinging invaded by anti guners and or city trash coming up into the country for ?? reason of late as the trash that is being dumped. and just in the past month a number (15 i counted) of trees have been cut down.

if it was up to me.

99% of the anti freedom (anti gun) laws would be abolished.

and all taxes would be cut in half.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2018 at 6:11 PM, Kirk Wood said:

If it bothers you that much, you probably should just stay away from CA but you miss a lot when you do. They aren't the only state with many of those attitudes and while I'd never choose to move there I am very happy to have visited some of the wonderful things in the state and I'll not allow philosophical differences to prevent us from visiting family who live there and seeing the major attractions. One of the key things about living in the US is that we can each choose what to or not to visit. 

The states sound more like different countries! 

56 minutes ago, HomeSweetRV said:

The states sound more like different countries! 

Bingo. You win the prize.  It's a federation of States, each with it's own sovereignty,  joined together for common needs which are specified in the constitution.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Archived