Price (sanity) check for RV (truck/trailer) insurance

Hi all - I have checked around and wanted to be sure the figure for full-time RV trailer and truck insurance (Bushnell, FL) is in the ball-park... it seems high but I'm getting pretty consistent figures so far, around $1800 per year for a 2016 Ford F150 and a 2018 Lance 21 ft trailer - good driver, no violations, clean record, own outright, one driver... Anybody think this is completely off base?

FL. is high on Insurance. I pay $1,616 a year on just my toad. MH is another $1,000 with GS discount.

Good driver, no violations, clean record, own outright, one driver

I checked with other company's and they are much higher.
Even the 15 minute one was 23% more on the toad. :(

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

On 12/1/2017 at 10:08 PM, Explorer01 said:

it seems high but I'm getting pretty consistent figures so far, around $1800 per year

It is very difficult for us to compare insurance premiums because the determination of such rates has become very complicated. Not only does it look at driving records, insurance claim history,  and things that we would expect, but they also consider many personal items such as one's credit history. The only way to be sure that you have a good comparison of rates is to get quotes from several different insurance companies. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Domicile in Polk Co, TX, USAA insurance for over 30 years. Clean driving record.

2012 F350 DRW diesel: $1,260/yr

2016 Reflection 5th wheel: #336/yr

Renter's insurance (personal property and RV contents, stuff in storage unit): $164/yr

Valuable personal property rider (firearms, musical instruments, professional photo equip.): $110/yr

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

The amount seems low for a full timer's insurance.  Does that include umbrella (liability) coverage?  Coverage for theft from the RV? From elsewhere?  Check this carefully.  Theft coverage is often very limited.  Insurance coverage often assumes you also have homeowner's coverage which includes adequate theft protection.  Many RV insurance companies just do not seem to understand the needs of a full timer.

5 hours ago, JimK said:

The amount seems low for a full timer's insurance.  Does that include umbrella (liability) coverage?  Coverage for theft from the RV? From elsewhere?  Check this carefully.  Theft coverage is often very limited.  Insurance coverage often assumes you also have homeowner's coverage which includes adequate theft protection.  Many RV insurance companies just do not seem to understand the needs of a full timer.

Jim,

I'm not sure of whom you are asking this question. If it's me, yes - this is all-inclusive. I've had thorough conversations with USAA. They were very aware we had sold our home since it was also insured with them. From past experience (was insured with USAA when my first wife was killed in a traffic accident), there are no surprises with USAA, they held my hand through the entire process and pointed out things in my favor of which I wasn't aware. I could not have asked for better coverage or service during such a tough time.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Archived