The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We got our motorhome back today. In the shop for 10 days. Solid floors, new flooring and carpet. We'll be leaving Texas on Tuesday after my final trip to the eye doctor. A graduation in Sterling, Ks on the 16th. Been here since March 24 and we are more than ready to get moving again.

Steve scare those bad storms away. We have to come through there next week. The eye doctors like to keep you around for a month after the surgery to make sure everything is ok and give you a new prescription for glasses.

Lee, You've have made a quick trip. That really sucks about your trailer.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Glad you made it back ok Lee. I think your rushing around must have stirred up all the sleeping tornadoes. Now they cant seem to get out of the country by any other way than Oklahoma. Couple more days of this and it looks like it will be clear for a while.

Managed to get locked out of the bus today. First time I've had that happen since we started doing this. When carol was unlocking the bus with the keyless entry, the pad started to beep and nothing you could do would stop it. It would not take any commands at all, just one long and two short beeps. I had Tiffin's number on my phone, but I just got a new phone yesterday and hadn't transferred it yet. Luckily we had the window over the couch unlocked and carol climbed in the window from the bed of the pickup. Turns out we had to do a system reset by shutting off the 12V supply to the keyless entry module, keeping it off for a minute, then turning it back on. Whew! Now what drawer do I file that info in. Hmmmmmm <_<

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Glad you made it back ok Lee. I think your rushing around must have stirred up all the sleeping tornadoes. Now they cant seem to get out of the country by any other way than Oklahoma. Couple more days of this and it looks like it will be clear for a while.

Managed to get locked out of the bus today. First time I've had that happen since we started doing this. When carol was unlocking the bus with the keyless entry, the pad started to beep and nothing you could do would stop it. It would not take any commands at all, just one long and two short beeps. I had Tiffin's number on my phone, but I just got a new phone yesterday and hadn't transferred it yet. Luckily we had the window over the couch unlocked and carol climbed in the window from the bed of the pickup. Turns out we had to do a system reset by shutting off the 12V supply to the keyless entry module, keeping it off for a minute, then turning it back on. Whew! Now what drawer do I file that info in. Hmmmmmm <_<

With mine you have to tap your heals together three times Steve...LOL!

Here's what happened to us yesterday...guess you'd say "just another day at the office"! After leaving the Cat service center and driving about 60 miles we pulled over at a truck stop for fuel. Went to start the MH and nothing...no dash lights either. Fortunately, a diesel truck repair shop across the street came to the rescue and was able to jumper across the new ignition solenoid (that I'd just paid $750 for a diagnose and install). I was then able to drive it over to their shop. They replaced the new solenoid with another. Made it back onto the road and finished the 300 mile leg with our fingers crossed again.

Heading to a CG near Lincoln, NE tomorrow...about 220 miles and for three nights. Hopefully, no more drama. Bought a small jumper wire just in case the solenoid goes out again.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Roger, roger, roger. you had better come over here and mix your black cloud in with all of the ones forming out here right now. Maybe it will get mixed up and tag on to someone else!! I think you had better find a "good karma" store and get a monthly subscription. It just ain't right!! Best of luck to you with the new new solenoid. :o

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Roger, I was just talking to a praying mantis on one of my trees. He's gathering all his brorherhood to have a prayer vigil this afternoon for you. He says when that many praying mantis get togather in prayer it's bound to produce only smooth sailing from now on. Oh, darn I just spilled my coffee again trying to pick it up with my fingers crossed.

I've been one busy boy since I got here this morning. Got an appointmemt at Jimmy's RV for Wednesday morning. Called for my mail, aired a flat tire on my golf cart and got the side curtins rolled up call my mail service to get price info for registering my truck and both trailers, went to the bank and got a cashiers check for the registration. Came home and put it in an envelope along with a note with instructions, went back to town to get it into this evenings mail so it wouldn't lay around here till Monday. Came back home and went to the office to pay my electric bill for last month. And as soon as I sign this off I'll head for happy hour. Did I mention a 15 minute phone call from one of my cowgirls.

Lee

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Thanks! With you guz workin' my corner things have got to turn around! :D

Steve, I think that you thrive on all that wind down there! And Lee, slow down...yer makin' me tired!!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Wow, Lee! I bet you sleep for a couple days to recover from that speedy trip! Better than being too sick to move, though. Or spending all your time in shops like Roger. I hope everyone's luck turns good and everything offers smooth sailing now.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Ok, we finally chased all of the tornados that Lee stirred up out of the state. So Jeff & Tina, it's safe to come up this way now for a few days at least. Now I seem to have developed a small water leak that I'll have to fix. The other bus never did leak anywhere, and we thought this one didn't either until this round of storms. It must be a clearance light or something right on the left front because that's the way it's coming. At least the sun is out now and everything is starting to dry out. We had a real hard rain today, but no hail or tornados, so that was better. You still have to be careful driving around here as the big rains have caused a lot of flooding. We need to ship some of this to California because we sure don't need any more. One of the lakes (Hefner) in Oklahoma city was really dry from the last few years of drought, but now it's spilling over the dam, so I guess that's a good thing. Now it's time to rest a bit before anything else happens. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Ok, we finally chased all of the tornados that Lee stirred up out of the state. So Jeff & Tina, it's safe to come up this way now for a few days at least. Now I seem to have developed a small water leak that I'll have to fix. The other bus never did leak anywhere, and we thought this one didn't either until this round of storms. It must be a clearance light or something right on the left front because that's the way it's coming. At least the sun is out now and everything is starting to dry out. We had a real hard rain today, but no hail or tornados, so that was better. You still have to be careful driving around here as the big rains have caused a lot of flooding. We need to ship some of this to California because we sure don't need any more. One of the lakes (Hefner) in Oklahoma city was really dry from the last few years of drought, but now it's spilling over the dam, so I guess that's a good thing. Now it's time to rest a bit before anything else happens. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks Steve. We are heading that way on Tuesday. Don't let that water damage get to big it's costly. We know. Did you take pictures with your new phone of Carol climbing into the motorhome? She's one heck of a woman.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

No wonder the weather is clearing up in OKC, Steve sent all the wind down here but didn't send us any of the water. He just shipped it all to California. And after all the good things I've said about Steve. Well, I did say some good things. At least I said Some, Good and Things. OK so they where not all in the same sentense. ;)

My friend the maintenance guy came by today to check all my batteries. He did my big trailer but the wind was blowing so strong that he was getting drops of acid on his arms and hands and who knows were else. So I advised him to leave it go until tomorrow for the golf cart and little trailer. This morning I spent in wally world restocking and replenishing my glue supply. Every time I've needed to glue something lately I found the glue I needed was hardened in the tube. I also got some epoxy to patch the holes in the back corner of the trailer where I got in an argument with my GG Nieces gate. And a new 6 vdc lantern battery. The light that was coming out of my camp flashlight just went about 6 inches then curved to the floor and formed a puddle. Not good for spotting those bears in the woods. I got a nice walk in this morning but started a few muscles aching that I didn't even know I had. Lee

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Thanks Steve. We are heading that way on Tuesday. Don't let that water damage get to big it's costly. We know. Did you take pictures with your new phone of Carol climbing into the motorhome? She's one heck of a woman.

Jeff

Watch him Jeff. He'll promise all kinds of good stuf to get you to come to OK. But when you get there he hides them all. Just like that Ice Cream machine.

Good...........Things...........Hmmmmm :ph34r: Yeah, Jeff, come on up and get some ice cream......

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well now I'm thinking that good ole boy Steve has had things a bit scrambled up what with all that wind and stuff. I know I have been seeing "Bessie Bus" parked in the RV Park right here in Oak Harbor for the last several days. Hmmmmm maybe them tornado's just re-located the Buss. :rolleyes:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I've been one busy boy today, I started the running at 7AM and just now got back from the last chore. I got the first appointment set up to evaluate me for removing the cataract from my left eye. That's for June 5th. Then Lord knows when the surgery will be. This clinic has another larger clinic in Alamogordo, NM. They take 5 people at a time over there in a shuttle bus for the operation. Wait for them, then bring them back the same day. It's 135 mile over there. Sounds like a grueling day to me. The other clinic in town sends you to Las Cruces but makes you figure out how to get there and back. That's about 50 miles one way. So I opted for the long ride. That way I can drive my truck to the clinic and leave it. By the time I ride back 135 miles I'll be able to drive my truck the 4 miles back home. When I get this Eye fixed I'll devote it to keeping an Eye on Steve. One has to watch that guy.

I've been one busy boy today, I started the running at 7AM and just now got back from the last chore. I got the first appointment set up to evaluate me for removing the cataract from my left eye. That's for June 5th. Then Lord knows when the surgery will be. This clinic has another larger clinic in Alamogordo, NM. They take 5 people at a time over there in a shuttle bus for the operation. Wait for them, then bring them back the same day. It's 135 mile over there. Sounds like a grueling day to me. The other clinic in town sends you to Las Cruces but makes you figure out how to get there and back. That's about 50 miles one way. So I opted for the long ride. That way I can drive my truck to the clinic and leave it. By the time I ride back 135 miles I'll be able to drive my truck the 4 miles back home. When I get this Eye fixed I'll devote it to keeping an Eye on Steve. One has to watch that guy.

Lee I know it's only 4 miles but it would be better to make arrangement with some to do the driving the day of your surgery and the next day checkup. They put so much stuff in your eye for the surgery. The next morning it was like my eye was glued shut.

Went for my final check today and I have 20/15 in my just fixed eye. With correction (glasses) both eyes will be 20/15. Still need bifocals for reading.

We hit the road tomorrow. Going into tornado alley for a graduation in Kansas on Saturday.

Travel safe everyone.

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Lee I know it's only 4 miles but it would be better to make arrangement with some to do the driving the day of your surgery and the next day checkup. They put so much stuff in your eye for the surgery. The next morning it was like my eye was glued shut.

Jeff, I've already had one eye done and I can see well even without my glasses with that eye. Also the route from the Eye clinic to my place is country road with very little traffic. How every I'll follow the advice of the doctor. If he says no driving I'll have the maintenance guy drive me over there and come and get me when I get back.

I've been researching the 2016 Winnebago View 24V built on the Mercedes Sprinter chassis. I just got a call from Camping world of El Paso that they just got one in. I'm going over there Thursday to take a look at it. If it's all that it seems to be, I'll haggle with them to see how low I can get the price. If It's anywhere near the $80K mark I'll deal with them but if I can't get them down below $85K I'll plan a trip to Iowa and get it there for $79,454. and enjoy the slow trip back breaking in the new rig. One reason I prefer going to Iowa is that dealers hire drivers to transport new rigs from the factory to there lot. That means the break-in period is at 75MPH towing the drivers car so he can get back. That is no way to break-in a new vehicle. The dealer in Iowa is only 1 mile from the Winnebago factory.Tomorrow morning I have an appointment with Jimmy's RV Repair to install a new corner cap and find out why the slide is acting up. I'm all hooked up and ready to roll. That is if I can get the slide in tomorrow morning.

I've been researching the 2016 Winnebago View 24V built on the Mercedes Sprinter chassis. I just got a call from Camping world of El Paso that they just got one in. I'm going over there Thursday to take a look at it.

Cool! If we were going to buy another View that's probably the one we'd buy. I think it's the best plan for being able to use it without having to open any slides or to hassle with the beds. Be aware that carpeted area between the beds is the equivalent of a gasser's doghouse. I like the idea of the nightstand between the beds. I always had to tuck my clock and flashlight under my pillow since there was no bedside place to put them. Those beds are pretty skinny, though, so be sure to test them to see if you can turn over without falling out of bed. Otherwise, you might want to store some pillows on that doghouse to reduce headaches.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We had our Journey built according to our specs back in 2002 and then it was delivered to us at the dealer in California where we purchased it.

I know you talked about getting something like the View a couple of years ago. I really think you will enjoy it and will be able to travel easier.

Hope it works out so you don't have to drive to Iowa. We wouldn't want you to get carried away by one of those pesky tornados up that way!!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Made it to Norman, Ok. yesterday. It rained off and on all the way until we got to the Texas/ Oklahoma border then the sun came out. Suppose to rain all day today. We move on Thursday morning.

We are parked by Carol and Steve. Went out for some great BBQ and a lot of talking. Good to see them again.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Was at Jimmy's RV all of this AM. All damage repaired and the slide problem found and fixed. When we tracked down the resetable fuse we found that it had rusted and the terminal had actually broke inside the can. Just for the heck of it we tore the can open and it's a wonder it even worked once in a while. It was a mess. We replaced it then cleaned and re-greased the rails. It works like a charm now. But now I'm having trouble with the spring bars on the Hensley hitch. The driver side spring bar fell out of its socket when I was hooking up yesterday. I got the maintenance guy to lend his muscles and put it back together. Which made it necessary to re-align it so it was inline with the tow bar on the truck. When I un hitched today after coming home from the repair shop. It fell out again as soon as the tension was taken off. Maybe I need that new Winnebago View more than I think I do. Oh Well one excuse is as good as any other.

Wow, everyone is swarming around.

We are making a run through tornado alley but headed west. We are in Missouri tonight and how far we get tomorrow depends on the weather. if it looks like it will kick up, we will keep on driving. We are trying to stay north and out of OK :)

Gonna stop in El Paso to see Pauls mom before running back to havasu, but getting antsy because the dealer got in a Jeep we are interested in so I wanna hurry up :)

Lee, we stay in the campground behind Camping world when we go to El Paso. we won't arrive until Saturday but let us know if we can do anything for you :)

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Lee, we stay in the campground behind Camping world when we go to El Paso. we won't arrive until Saturday but let us know if we can do anything for you :)

Thanks for the offer but I have an appointment at camping world tomorrow morning (Thursday) I'm going to look at the model 24 V they just got in. If it has over cab storage instead of a bed up there and I can get them down to no more than $83500 I'll buy it. If that don't work out you can drive me up to Forest City Iowa in that new Jeep your looking at. :) :) :)