Sandie & Jim

The Class-less Class

Great.  Look what a little prod did.  So good to hear from y'all.

Edited by palamine

I'm slowly getting back into the S&B swing of things. I've joined an afternoon bowling league, started a once a week yoga class, and ride my bike most mornings in the neighborhood. Every hill I coast down I have to pedal up on the way back home most of the time it's a 7 mile ride. Never did yoga before, this is going to be good and I haven't bowled in a league since 1997.

My racing buddy and I decided back the first weekend of June that the summers were going to be too hot to race. So that toy has been put away until after Labor Day.

Lots to do still around the house and yard. Guess there always will be. LOL!

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff   😊

4 hours ago, Onthego said:

I'm slowly getting back into the S&B swing of things. I've joined an afternoon bowling league, started a once a week yoga class, and ride my bike most mornings in the neighborhood.

Sounds like even when you are settled you are still "on the go".

Linda

Well, the prodigal returns. Been out of the loop for a while and thought it's time to check in! Last year (July) we bought a condo here in the Iowa City area and as it happens, it was a good thing that we did. Many of you know the woes that we had with the Beaver. Two weeks in we were getting ready to put it on the market and downsize but keep moving around part-time. Going for some body work... turned the ignition and smoke came from the dash and all over. Not good. 12-volt system burned up and didn't get it back out of the shop till June 2018 and $20K poorer. Not a lot of motorhome buyers here in Iowa but was fortunate a few weeks ago to get a buyer to fly in from Washington. I no longer need anxiety meds. Although, I still get a bit nauseous when I see a MH!
It took some getting used to the S&B lifestyle but, as Jeff was saying, we're finding things to do. The next step is to find a truck/trailer and "keep it simple".
Glad to hear that the ol' gang is generally doing well and hope to see you all again down the road soon!
Roger

Roger,

Good to read you are not giving up in spite of your experiences so far. It can only get better from here, right?

Linda

Congrats on the sale of the "Beave". I can't believe what that rv put you guys through, you handled it much better than I could. Hope you find something "simple" and can escape the cold.

NFL football is about to begin. As if you didn't know. LOL!

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff    😊

Roger Roger Roger, what good news!!!  The Beave was an anchor around your neck for sure!  Hope you can get something that will let you enjoy the lifestyle without all the "towing"!!  We are still here in our winter home in Yuma, but will probably hide from the heat next summer.  We just wanted to know how bad it would be (yeah it's bad) but only July and August.  Now it's starting to cool off a bit in the evening so things are starting to look up.  This place, Fortuna de oro, has activities all summer and about 36 people stay here all year round, so there is still some things happening.  It is nice to have the golf course to ourselves at $5 a head, and Carol plays tennis twice a week (early morning) so it's not too bad. One thing is we can always drive over to San Diego (three hours) and take a break from the heat if we need to.  I did get a new smoker, and it works great.  In a month I may need to actually light it to cook something.  ha ha     Take care guys and good to hear from you.    Steve

Oh yeah, go Packers, Sooners, and OKC Thunder

Edited by steved44

Congrats on getting rid of that boat anchor. The happiness had to rival the happiness you felt on the day you had your first born.  

Yes, my long nightmare is over!

Jeff, hopefully, we can drop down to Texas sometime and check out your new homestead.
Dave, have you guys made it back West? Been enjoying your "suspense blogs"!

Steve, it sounds like a sweet set up there in Yuma and no tornadoes. Also, happy birthday, fellow old fart!

Go Pack!!

R

Edited by Roger & Lynn

Right now this has been the second wettest Sept. in history in San Antonio. Just less the 1 1/2 inches to beat the record and it's suppose to rain Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The landscapers haven't been able to work for nearly 2 weeks and some of what they've done has washed away. We are definately finding out where the water likes to go. Very humid also as you would imagine too.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff   😊

GO BRONCOS AND ROCKIES!!!!!!!!