Motorhome burns up on Wyoming RT. 22 (Teton Pass)

tyates007, we were just across the pass last week in just our dually. There is no way I'd pull up across there either since there is away around it. Folks on forums ask about going across and my suggestion is always take the "other" route. I think with some guys it is a macho thing.

I agree. The river road is scenic and really no more miles or time when it's all said and done. I agree with the macho thing. I used to work in Jackson but lived in Idaho. I crossed that pass more than I care to think about and during the winter to boot. I saw some people have some scary things happen to them. Worst part is when it happens to them it happens to those around them as well. 

I don't find anything to indicate that the road played a part in the fire, although nothing says it didn't either. Looks to have been a diesel-pusher and the climb could have made it run hotter than normal. I did a lot of searching and found a couple of other versions of the story but nothing at all about the cause. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

It's a Prevost H3.  There were some photos posted of the side view on the Prevost Owners Group.  The majority of the damage seemed to be mid coach, kitchen aft to drive axle.  No propane (or absorption fridge) on this era Prevost.

Archived