Classes of 2008 and 2009

I'm not sure I can even handle one day of gray and gloom after this winter. It's been perfect weather wise but rain is desperately needed. I am hoping we will be pulling out the 15th of May if all goes well with Jim's doctor appointments. I have hitch itch so bad I can hardly contain myself. Eric - glad you are back in MI without anymore MH issues.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wish we could dewinterize the RV so as to take at least a day trip somewhere but we still have freezing nights in the forecast so I just sit here planning and dreaming.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 3 weeks later...

We finaly pulled our pin and started to Colo, Made it to Vaughn Nm. for the night, will go to McFee campground N of Cortez till the 6th then to our Grahamcreek campground for the summer. Dreading raking all the pineneedles Tony. Wishing a good summer for everyone!!!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

We finaly pulled our pin and started to Colo, Made it to Vaughn Nm. for the night, will go to McFee campground N of Cortez till the 6th then to our Grahamcreek campground for the summer. Dreading raking all the pineneedles Tony. Wishing a good summer for everyone!!!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Freddy and Delcie

Glad you're safe after all the storms. After all this wind there ought to be a ton of pine needles waiting for you. Have a great summer.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Yesterday we made it safely to our summertime home at Illinois Beach State Park. Even though it is cloudy and cold, diehard campers are showing up. Tomorrow is Mallory's #1 birthday and that means party time!

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

We made it to our campground and are set up. The alt. has us puffing. Now the work begins. If anyone gets to the Durango area give us a call and we will meet. We are at Vallecito Lake 19 mi NE.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3

Eric - hard to believe Mallory is celebrating a year old already. Enjoy your summer time especially good times with the family.

Freddy and Delcie - Jim really struggles breathing anymore at those higher altitudes. He does great down here in the valley. Which is where we still are. Hoping to leave by the 15th and move a little further north. However it snowed yesterday in Montana so we aren't moving north very fast.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Happy Mothers/Grandmothers Day to all that are reading. Hope you have a wonderful day. We are going to watch the g-kids so Mike can take Kai out to dinner. Glad we can help make that happen.

• 2 weeks later...

May 24 to June 24, we are at Park Sierra in Corsegold, CA. We want to visit Yosemite again and Sequoia Nat. Park (haven't been there yet). But we will NOT go to Yosemite this memorial weekend. I can only imagine what the valley will be like! After we came thru Madera and turned towards Corsegold, it was already just steady traffic heading to Yosemite from that far away!

Always nice to be in this park with fellow SKPs.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Carol, we JUST missed you! We were at Park Sierra two days ago, but we've made it to Idaho now. headed to Alaska for the summer.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

We're in Hawthorne NV. Still not far enough north to get out of the heat. Made it through The ET Highway without being abducted by aliens or arrested by the Men in Black or camo.

Good to hear. But you are headed to Montana so you will never get out of camo territory. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We began full timing in the class of 2013 and love it! After reading through your forum of class 08/09 - I would be curious to know how many are still full timing now in 2014? Our plans are to do it as long as possible but was wondering what is the average for years on the road?

Julie & Kevin Carver

2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QRP

08 Red Ford Edge but always OSU Orange Faithful :)

We began full timing in the class of 2013 and love it! After reading through your forum of class 08/09 - I would be curious to know how many are still full timing now in 2014? Our plans are to do it as long as possible but was wondering what is the average for years on the road?

We started full timing in January of 2009. Can't even imagine not living this life. No sticks and bricks for us.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Are you going to be in Quartzsite in January. Check out the classless class thread. A whole bunch of us will be meeting up there.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

We are going to winter in Phoenix and excited about attending our 1st Quartzite in January! I also just heard the Escapees Rally is in Tucson in March so may do that too. We are thinking about the Good Sam Rally in Phoenix in March also. The FMCA rally is at the end of March in California and we have been looking at it too. I'm thinking about becoming a professional rallyer ...lol!

Julie & Kevin Carver

2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QRP

08 Red Ford Edge but always OSU Orange Faithful :)

Class 09 and still full time. A little less travel than the first years but still only one home, the MH. And with no end in sight. It works for us very well.

we are class of 09 and still full timers but I know of Two couples who have come off the road and now only travel part time ( in addition to Linda and Dave)

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Sue, sorry we missed you! We are headed your way but not as far as AK. We will wind up in Port Townsend and may go to Jasper and Banff. So maybe we will be somewhere near you whan you return from AK. Have fun!

Carol

Edited by Carol A

The Simpsons

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I should bump this thred back up. The campground filled up this weekend for the first time this year. We will get to spend Fathersday cleaning 45 camping sites. It has been a Beautiful week weatherwise here at the lake. Hope everyone is well and happy. Jeri, we still haven't got the kayaks off of the trailer yet, still too cold in the lake,[snow Water]

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3

We're heading up to the San Juans for kayaking this week but we're going to be using their tandem kayaks. We've never been in tandems except the blow-up kind and didn't like those at all. It'll be interesting to see how this works.

Don't like kayaking in the cold. Matter of fact, don't like doing much in the cold! :D

Take care and tell Delcie to stay out of trouble!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

hey guys, since leaving FL we haven't been out either. Weather, family and work are keeping us pretty busy and out of the water. Thanks Freddy for bumping up the thread.

Jerri, we have a tandem and overall I like it better. Being only one boat to deal was a big deal and I figured since Karla and I live in a MH and we get along very well, being in a dbl kayak wouldn't be any big deal. And it has worked out well. Now if we lived on a lake or river, we would definitely have two.

And on a travel note, we have decided that next winter we are not heading to FL. Our rough plans, here till Thanksgiving, then Mesa and Sun City, then heading to Las Vegas (Karla's daughter and new husband live there) for Christmas. Then down to Needles CA for a month or two. Staying there because it is only a short ride back into Vegas to see the kids but not in Vegas. Then up to Monte Rio CA to visit my brother and sister. Onto Oregon and Washington in April. (I know it's early for being this far North, but that's what fits the plan). And finally we need to be back here in Illinois by May 15. So that being said, it looks like we can fit in some visiting w/ all you SW migrators. Maybe not Q, but a meet up for sure.

You better bring rain gear if you're going to be here in April .... unless you're very, very lucky!

We really like the kayaks we currently have and the only tandem experience we have is in the blow-up tandem. That's a whole new experience because they don't track well at all. What length and brand of kayak do you have?

It'll be good to see you both again. However, no way can we plan that far in advance ... no way at all.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We are still at the Park Sierra in Coarsegold, CA. This is one of our favorite of the SKP parks. It has been hot and we had some AC issues that Doug fixed. But we did explore Yosemite again in the back country this time, and drove a national scenic byway. We leave on the 24th for "not quite sure yet"!

Today we get a free BBQ lunch with cake and ice cream for Father's Day and the June birthdays (that's me, although I have really stopped counting them!). Should be fun and the people here are just some of the nicest you would ever want to meet.

We have had two wildfires, one 50 miles away & one 35 miles away. Scary! So those of you having rain, send us some! The drought this year is terrible.

Carol

Edited by Carol A

The Simpsons