Classes of 2008 and 2009

We went into the city yesterday for a visit to the Chicago History Museum and dinner at Pequod's Pizza (for authentic Chicago style pizza). http://www.pequodspizza.com/ Boy was it good!

eric

We stopped at Pequod's last year and you're right.....IT'S GOOD!

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Sandie,

Sherry and Sharon are here visiting us and asked about you guys. I said I tell you they said "HI". This is the first time for them to see the Great Lakes. From here they are doing a east coast road trip and will be back in AZ by Christmas. Along with seeing the Great Lakes they want to see some truly magnificent fall colors along there route down the east coast.

We went into the city yesterday for a visit to the Chicago History Museum and dinner at Pequod's Pizza (for authentic Chicago style pizza). http://www.pequodspizza.com/ Boy was it good!

eric

Eric - be sure to tell them hi back. Sure hope we can get together with them in AZ this year. We did that fall color trip and it was wonderful. Good to hear from you.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

We did the fall color trip down the east coast a few years ago. Traveled slow enough that we kept time with the colors changing so had peak color for weeks. Loved it!

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

July 22 to August ? in Nova Scotia. Hope we can get in everything we want to see! Are leaving Prince Edward Island. It was okay but much prettier scenery in the lower 48!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

on vacation and just checked into Tranquil Timbers CG in Sturgeon Bay WI. for three nights. wow, we are on vacation again and loving it!

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

Eric, enjoy your time off! We'll be coming thru Novi in Sept for Dr. appts. As soon as we leave there we'll be beelining for Albuquerque, but if we can, we'll try to swing your way on the way thru.

Carol, we felt the same way about PEI. We can take it off our "must return to " list. We are enjoying Newfoundland but Nova Scotia is my favorite so far.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Eric, enjoy your time off! We'll be coming thru Novi in Sept for Dr. appts. As soon as we leave there we'll be beelining for Albuquerque, but if we can, we'll try to swing your way on the way thru.

Carol, we felt the same way about PEI. We can take it off our "must return to " list. We are enjoying Newfoundland but Nova Scotia is my favorite so far.

Sue

good to know. we will be at Portage Lake (just outside Ann Arbor) from just after Labor day till first of Oct. We can plan on a meet up. see ya then!

In Englishtown, Nova Scotia until Aug. 1 at the start of the Cabot Trail.

Sue, we FINALLY have a bright sunny day to do the Cabot Trail! Got the picnic basket packed, camera charged, & map marked. Send me a note when you get back to NS. We will be hanging out in the Truro area for 4 days and then Halifax area for a week and then on to Digby.

Carol

The Simpsons

• 2 weeks later...

Aug 17 to 20th., Oh Boy!! We are back in the USA at the Pumpkin Patch RV Park in Hermon, ME. Funny, we ran into a couple leading a caravan going to Nova Scotia when we were here in July also checking back in today! That was 56 days ago! Were we really in Canada that long!? Wow!

Carol

Edited by Carol A

The Simpsons

Aug 17 to 20th., Oh Boy!! We are back in the USA at the Pumpkin Patch RV Park in Hermon, ME. Funny, we ran into a couple leading a caravan going to Nova Scotia when we were here in July also checking back in today! That was 56 days ago! Where we really in Canada that long!? Wow!

Carol

Carol - if you check the Class-less Class you'll see that Roger and Lynn are also in Hermon. At least, I think that's the right town.

Welcome back to the states.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Carol,

We are moving today to Camden Hills St Pk after spending six days with SKP Chapter 3. I think that you'll enjoy the Pumpkin Patch. Nice park and some of the hosts are also SKP's. Gotta run...they wrangled me into flippin' pancakes this a.m. before most of them leave today...they should be more careful what they ask for!

Welcome back to the good ol' U.S.A.!

Roger

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Roger, met some of your group last night. Great people! We were here at PP RV Park in June and yes, it is one of the nicest, cleanest parks we have stayed in. Should have come to see you this morning-had my pancake at the restaurant!

Carol

The Simpsons

Roger, met some of your group last night. Great people! We were here at PP RV Park in June and yes, it is one of the nicest, cleanest parks we have stayed in. Should have come to see you this morning-had my pancake at the restaurant!

Carol

They are typical SKP's Carol! Sorry that we missed you but they had me so busy in the kitchen (and then had to hit the road) that probably our visit would've been very short anyway! We've moved to Camden Hills St Pk for four days and then Augusta area. Please look us up if you get in the neighborhood!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we are back in Virginia Beach for about a month or more to visit family after spending 2 months to explore Nova Scotia and back. We did the touristy stuff and had a pretty good time but because we have traveled so extensively in the US and seen the best, there is much prettier scenery in the lower 48. So one more adventure marked off our bucket list.

Carol

The Simpsons

Well, we are back in Virginia Beach for about a month or more to visit family after spending 2 months to explore Nova Scotia and back. We did the touristy stuff and had a pretty good time but because we have traveled so extensively in the US and seen the best, there is much prettier scenery in the lower 48. So one more adventure marked off our bucket list.

Carol

When are you going to head west? We'll be in AJ in October. Are you going to try Tucson this year?

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Sandie, yes, we still want to head to AZ again. I can't wait! When? It all depends on getting the doctor appointments we need. Hopefully we can leave by no later than the end of October and also beat the hurricane season here. We want to take our time and maybe stop in the Smokey Mtns. So if we do decide to stay in Tucson for the entire time, maybe we can meet half way and do lunch, etc. I would love to drive up for the Arizona Opry and Rodeo again. I will keep you posted as we get closer. If we get bored with Tucson, we will just show up in Mesa again! Hope you and Jim are doing well!

Carol

The Simpsons

Summer is over and we have moved on. We had a great summer being w/ family, our new grand kids, we had fun volunteering at Illinios Beach St Park and visiting Chicago so many times. The plan is to do it again next summer. But yesterday was a move day. We are now parked in our friends driveway at Portage Lake in Pinckney MI. Ted has a few projects lined up for me to help with while we are here. And as always I do enjoy helping. Here till Oct. 7ish then slooooly to Ft Myers Beach FL. (planning on doing some site seeing along the Atlantic as we travel South in Oct)

Anybody in the area, give us a call

• 2 weeks later...

We are currently in Sparks, NV. Wind 45 mph, temp of 56 and it feels like winter. Hopefully when this cold front blows through and the wind dies down we can get out and do some exploring. Met up with Nan and John in Idaho and had dinner last night with Ron, Barbara, Phil and Diana - full timers who are also WINs. Have to be back in Phoenix area by October 10 for more doctor appointsments.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

• 4 weeks later...

We are in Asheville NC for a few days at the Asheville West KOA. Never been here before so we are having fun exploring. This is why we fulltime. Next stop is Charleston NC.

We are in Asheville NC for a few days at the Asheville West KOA. Never been here before so we are having fun exploring. This is why we fulltime. Next stop is Charleston NC.

We had a great time when we were in that area. Enjoy. We're back in Apache Junction enjoying the beautiful sunshine.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Moved on to Charleston SC. Here at the CG at James Island County Park. They are currently setting up a Festival Of Lights drive throughout the entire county park. Very impressive, lots of workers installing and checking all the scenes. Won't be open to the public till after we leave. To bad as it is quite a display. Still enjoying our sloooow drive to FL.