Classes of 2008 and 2009

You know, it just never fails. Every time we are trying to get ready to go someplace something goes wrong. Last time it was the front jacks. This time it's the propane valve, the one that switches from one tank to the other. It wouldn't be such a big deal because Jim can just swap out the tanks. However, with him having back surgery in a couple of weeks, we need to get it fixed. Jim can do it so he is replacing the valves and hoses and whatever else is going on. We are still hoping we will be out of here by noon tomorrow to get to Q. Keep your fingers crossed for us. I'm feeling better today but still don't have any energy so it's slow going for me. I still don't have a voice but hopefully tomorrow. I did get all the laundry done.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well with Christmas out of the way I'm about ready to fly the coop and head for Holtsville. My friends are trying to talk me into staying until after New Years day. But I usually watch the ball drop in my dreams. Right now I'm sort of letting the holding tanks be the judge on when I'll be leaving. It looks like I can get about 2 or 3 more days out of them. When I have to hook up to go empty I think I'll just keep going and end up in Holtsville. Does anyone know of a dump station that is open between Holtsville and Q, either going thru Yuma or Glamis. If I can't find one I'll probably come back up here after Holtsville for a day or two and dump at the Rest Area just south of Calipatria. Then head for Q via Glamis and Palo Verde. They were cooking the Turkey carcass all day to make soup and sandwiches for Wednesday dinner. It made me hungry all over again.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well with Christmas out of the way I'm about ready to fly the coop and head for Holtsville. My friends are trying to talk me into staying until after New Years day. But I usually watch the ball drop in my dreams. Right now I'm sort of letting the holding tanks be the judge on when I'll be leaving. It looks like I can get about 2 or 3 more days out of them. When I have to hook up to go empty I think I'll just keep going and end up in Holtsville. Does anyone know of a dump station that is open between Holtsville and Q, either going thru Yuma or Glamis. If I can't find one I'll probably come back up here after Holtsville for a day or two and dump at the Rest Area just south of Calipatria. Then head for Q via Glamis and Palo Verde. They were cooking the Turkey carcass all day to make soup and sandwiches for Wednesday dinner. It made me hungry all over again.

Lee, there's a dump station at the Shell gas station West of Yuma exit #164 (sidewinder road). we used it last year when we were parked at that BLM area. I think it was $10, but can't remember for sure. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Lee, there's a dump station at the Shell gas station West of Yuma exit #164 (sidewinder road). we used it last year when we were parked at that BLM area. I think it was $10, but can't remember for sure. Steve

The dump price at the Shell varies by the size of the rig. Should be $10.00 for you Lee, but could be $15.00.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

We arrived! Will send details when we can figure out where we'll be. Sounds like we're going to have a pre-party. :rolleyes:

Hurrah! The scouts have arrived. Be there soon.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

GPS coordinates are in order Jeri. I'll be heading out in a day or two but I'm heading south to go soak my head or the other end in the hot tubs at Holtsville. Then I may drive back up here for a day or two before going on to Q. This evening I took one of the better looking cowgirls out to dinner to say good by to her. She started to cry when I told her I'd be leaving within the next couple of days. I think Metro Golden Meyer would be interested in her acting ability. It made for an interesting evening anyway. This internet connection is miserably slow tonight so I'll quit while i'm ahead.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

GPS coordinates are in order Jeri. I'll be heading out in a day or two but I'm heading south to go soak my head or the other end in the hot tubs at Holtsville. Then I may drive back up here for a day or two before going on to Q. This evening I took one of the better looking cowgirls out to dinner to say good by to her. She started to cry when I told her I'd be leaving within the next couple of days. I think Metro Golden Meyer would be interested in her acting ability. It made for an interesting evening anyway. This internet connection is miserably slow tonight so I'll quit while i'm ahead.

We're going to take a drive out to the BLM this morning and scout it out. I'll post coordinates once we pick a spot with Jim and Sandie. They will be arriving today. Sailbad is already there, Coldsmoke is soon to arrive and Lairds aren't far behind. That doesn't even count all the others we've invited to join us. It'll probably be on the north side of the dump area. It was sure nice when we could watch that line before and know when it was short before we decided to get in it. It kind of depends where the 2007'ers decide to set up their little event whether we'll actually move where they are at. We might be the step-children at their party but oh well, been there this summer too so we will just play it by ear.

We noticed some of the RV lots are filling up compared to a couple weeks ago. I guess the RV dealers want to push these in before all the people get here.

Anyone have a grinder for coffee beans? I have beans and no grinder. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Well, finally getting caught up. Today is a run to Parker Wal-Mart. Sure glad I have a truck. I haven't been there in over 60 days. That's a lot of dog food. I tried out my new sewer valve yesterday. It fits on the very end of the pipes and when closed it allows me to equalize the 2 gray tanks. That will give me a couple more days before having to dump.biggrin.gif

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Hurrah! The scouts have arrived. Be there soon.

Ya Right, you been saying that for 2 months now. :lol: I'm guessing you guys could be stuck up there in the frozen north for the duration now. Jeri and Terry just managed to get out in time. ;)

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Ya Right, you been saying that for 2 months now. :lol: I'm guessing you guys could be stuck up there in the frozen north for the duration now. Jeri and Terry just managed to get out in time. ;)

Joe

I know. We have other people currently in Astoria that had a massive storm last night. Rain in Astoria probably means snow in the Coastal Range. Thank goodness Toni doesn't have to go there. Siskiyous were clear. The weathermen kept changing their forecast but it worked in our favor. Hopefully, it'll work in their favor too. :D

Just looked at forecast through the Siskiyous and it does look clear for their trip through the mountains. Let's hope it stays that way.

Edit - edit ---------------

We just took a drive to La Posa South. They moved the garbage cans to a little west of where they were before. It looks like they have a couple watering holes there now plus the ones across the street. Still a lot of empty areas. However, some are starting to fill up. Once you get off the main road it gets pretty dusty and dirty but still good spots without going too far. More vendors have opened up shop than just a couple of weeks ago when we drove through. You can tell the action is getting ready to start ... but not quite yet. That's my news for the day.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

We're going to take a drive out to the BLM this morning and scout it out. I'll post coordinates once we pick a spot with Jim and Sandie. They will be arriving today. Sailbad is already there, Coldsmoke is soon to arrive and Lairds aren't far behind. That doesn't even count all the others we've invited to join us. It'll probably be on the north side of the dump area. It was sure nice when we could watch that line before and know when it was short before we decided to get in it. It kind of depends where the 2007'ers decide to set up their little event whether we'll actually move where they are at. We might be the outsiders at their party but oh well, been there this summer too so we will just play it by ear.

We noticed some of the RV lots are filling up compared to a couple weeks ago. I guess the RV dealers want to push these in before all the people get here.

I'm quite sure my little Cuisinart chopper/grinder will do coffee beans.

I am busy preparing food today. Bread, cookies and two different batches of soup. Kitchen is a mess.

AND JOE - We have been here for 10 months but we are getting out on Sunday!

Soon.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

AND JOE - We have been here for 10 months but we are getting out on Sunday!

Soon.

Hmmmmm just looked at the long range forecast. Maybe Sunday after next. :lol: But that's alright, I'm soaking up you guys portion of SUN for you. :rolleyes:

Not much going on today, just a quick trip over the border for Glasses, Med's, and some Great Looking Shrimp. Dinner tomorrow will be Procuitto Wrapped Shrimp on the Barbie, MMMMMMMMMMM.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Guest coldsmoke

We're going to take a drive out to the BLM this morning and scout it out. I'll post coordinates once we pick a spot with Jim and Sandie. They will be arriving today. Sailbad is already there, Coldsmoke is soon to arrive and Lairds aren't far behind. That doesn't even count all the others we've invited to join us. It'll probably be on the north side of the dump area. It was sure nice when we could watch that line before and know when it was short before we decided to get in it. It kind of depends where the 2007'ers decide to set up their little event whether we'll actually move where they are at. We might be the step-children at their party but oh well, been there this summer too so we will just play it by ear.

I have a grinder if you need it!!!

Jeri, California has a floor tax. If the vehicle is on their lot Jan.01, they have to pay tax on it. That is why

They are parked here in Arizona.

I don't have a grinder or beans but I do have a cup!laugh.gif

I didn't know they had a floor tax. It's a wonder there aren't more parked in the BLM empty. However, the lots around here sure are starting to fill up.

About that cup ..... once Coldsmoke and Lairds get here, we'll be able to grind these coffee beans and we can all have coffee! Don't know who else is showing up early but probably a bunch more ... maybe.

Sandie and Jim didn't show up today but I'll let them tell you THAT story.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Not sure it's a story I want to tell. But here goes. We hitched up to pull out this morning. Pulled around the corner and Jim wanted to check the brake line. Got back in and decided that he'd drive slowly through the park to adjust the new brakes. We made the next turn and hear this thump. Hitch came undone and dropped the fiver on the truck bed. Now - it could have been a whole lot worse than it is. We could have been going down the highway. And because the generator rides underneath the hitch the fiver dropped mainly on the generator instead of the truck. We need to replace our tail gate but it still closes. The sides of the truck bed are fine. But the generator was destroyed. Broke the gas tank and we had gas running everywhere on the road. Jim was eventually able to get the fiver hitched up again and back we went to our site. Jim had to clean up the gas and suction out the gas that was still in the generator. Really smelled bad out here for awhile and I warned everybody not to light a match. Then he went on a search for a new generator. Many hours later we finally found at Cabela's clear over in Glendale.

So now the plan is (yea right!) is to hitch up in the morning and head to Q. But first we have to make sure the new generator will fit around the hitch. It's a little bit taller than the old one so we don't know for sure. It got dark before we could check it out tonight.

And that's my exciting news.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

This Blasted thing just ate my post. For the second time. I'm all hooked up and ready to pull out in the morning. I had planned to go to Holtville until the 15 of Jan then come up to Q. Now, because so many of our gang is getting there early I'm thinking I may go to Holtville and stay at the BLM across the highway for a day or two to check it out then come up to Q and after Q come back to Holtville for some Serious Soaking. I just hope I can remember which end I'm supposed to soak.

Sandie, you just can't seem to catch a break!Sorry to hear about the generator, as you say, luckily you weren't on the highway!

we are in Benson for a week or so, then meandering towards Q after stopping in Tucson for a bit.Getting antsy to see everyone!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Dang, Jim, sorry you had all the trouble. At least you'll have plenty of stories to tell, if you manage to make it to "Q". :rolleyes: I don't think I ever had a truck on the farm that had a good tailgate on it. I finally figured out the best thing to do was remove the tailgate when the truck was new and hide it somewhere. Then build a wooden one to use until I got ready to sell the truck. I sure sold some raggedy trucks with perfect tailgates! :unsure: Hope that generator fits in there ok. Good luck, Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"