Classes of 2008 and 2009

I THINK we would rather be on the road breaking things than sitting still.

But Freddy's right, you're safe, that's what matters.

Hugs

Toni I know you would rather be on the road. Any idea when you are going to get moving? I made it to Hawthorne Nevada today and set up in Whiskey Flats RV Park. Pretty nice place, I've stayed here before in another life. :lol: And it's full hookups, except cable tv, for 22.50 with 50 amp.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Toni I know you would rather be on the road. Any idea when you are going to get moving? I made it to Hawthorne Nevada today and set up in Whiskey Flats RV Park. Pretty nice place, I've stayed here before in another life. :lol: And it's full hookups, except cable tv, for 22.50 with 50 amp.

Joe

We're hoping for after Christmas. But today is lottery day. 3.4 million and $100,000 a year for life would do us nicely. Could leave tomorrow.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I've been so busy all day today that I can't remember what I did all day. Or is that just old age creeping up on me. I've done a lot of talking with friends today. The Rally is over and now there are actually empty spaces in the park. One of the guys that stays here full time was flying a radio control airplane today and it got out of range so he couldn't control it anymore. Lord knows where it is now because when last seen it was on a level course heading east. I dumped my tanks today and put up the hoses. I'll be leaving Tuesday morning.

Dave C.: I'll be spending at least one day in Benson or Wilcox then a few days at Jim Korstein park at I-8 exit 151 then on up to Q. So It will probably be the week after next before I get there.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We're almost out of here. Spent the day winterizing the Casita, dumping tanks, house cleaning and route planning. Millie and I will hit the road tomorrow with the first stop being Leasburg Dam State Park by Las Cruces. That's not very far but it will put us on the road and leave a couple of 300 mile days to finish up.

Lee thanks for the heads up on Jim Korstein Park. That would be a great place to overnight Monday night before a run to Quartzsite.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

10/30 One night at Riverside Campground in the Caballo State Park below the Caballo Dam in southern NM.

We sure were spoiled at Elephant Butte. We arrived at our current campground by driving around cow pies!!! Yep, that's what I said! Cows were roaming beside the road and in the camground. Cow pies are everywhere!! Gross and disgusting and lots of flies! There are even a few horse pies as well. Had no idea this was like this so that is why we are only staying one night to deduct a few more dollars from the state park pass. But even with the pies, the campground is full. The other couple CGs were also pretty full.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

The Riverside campground at Caballo State Park is one of my favorite camgrounds. Yes I've seen cow pies there that have been there since the Last Supper but I've never seen the cows in the campground except in mid summer when it's too hot to stay there anyway. About 3 miles down the road on across I-25 is Percha Dam State park. I like that one too. Even though Elephant Butte is very pretty, being up on that ridge is about the windiest place in the world. That's why I never go there. Oh Well to each his own.

I've got the truck all gassed up and both LP bottles full. I washed all the linens (why don't they call the cottons?) today. Tomorrow I'll finish hooking up the truck to the trailer, take a nice long bath then go back to the laundry and do the few clothes I have in the hamper plus the ones I'm wearing now and get a hug from all the gals and be ready to head out first thing Tuesday morning. Because I've had the wheels off the trailer getting new tires and packing bearing and stuff I'll have to stop a couple of times on the road to re-torque the lug nuts. So I don't plan on getting much farther than Wilcox or Benson the first day out.

Dave C. I won't be getting to Jim Korstein park until about Thursday and I plan on staying there for a few days because I have friends that will be stopping there also. I like that word Free so I'll get a couple FREE days there.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

On The Road Again. Did stop at Leasburg Dam State Park. Nice little spot. Comes complete with a train! That would bother most people. But I was raised about 200' from a main line so it will be good sleeping tonight.

The weather folks said something about the wind picking up in Albuquerque by Wednesday. I don't know if that means southern New Mexico or not. So I think I'll dig out the ol' truck driven hat, and knock out a few miles tomorrow. It will be another chance for my 30yr old mind to get my 69yr old butt in trouble.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

We made it back to Minneapolis today but can't get into our apartment yet and don't own any furniture even if we could so we are, once again, at an Extended Stay America. In fact this is the same one we stayed in for a month while they finished building our house a dozen years ago. What is that saying? Something about the more things change, the more they stay the same? :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Tomorrow morning Is Hitch Itch soothing day. I'll leave right after breakfast and hit the highways again to resume my nomadic life style. I don't expect to travel very far tomorrow but just get going. I have a few chores to take care of along the way. The only thing I have to do is make a list of the possible places to stay tomorrow night and write it down so I can read it while driving. That will only be about 3 places so big job. I've had so many hugs from the gals that are glad to see me go that I thought for a moment that I'd need artificial repiration to get me breathing again. Watch out Arizona and California here I come.

Watch out Arizona and California here I come.

Oh, oh.... maybe I should put out flyers to warn the cowgirls you're coming!!

We met A LOT of people tonight at the park's clubhouse. I think we're going to like it here just fine!! I just wish it would cool down a bit. We've met several who are here for the first time. I think that's always nice too. We also talked to the fella who organizes quad rides. Before we replace that one we sold, I wanted to be sure we got the right one this time.

Steve --- tell Carol they organize tennis matches here several times a week.

Yep .. things are really good for now. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I gotta put that truck driven hat away......Knocked out 500 miles today. Now sitting just inside the gate of the LTVA South in Quartzsite. That's a pretty good day, Las Cruces to Quartzsite.... Millie slept. You should have seen her when she realized where she was. What a happy dance! She loves it out here. She will really go nuts when we move out back tomorrow. Then she can play with Don's dog, BD.

Carol, you can go back to Riverside now. I brought almost every fly in the state with me!

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Dave, glad you managed to get the brakes on that freight train before you ran into California. :o Sounds like you made Milly's day for sure. We're still in Vancouver, WA, but looks like we will try to pull the anchor up on Wednesday. Carol has a tennis game scheduled for Tuesday afternoon, so if she survives that we will be ready to go. We don't know how far we'll get, maybe only to Astoria, but hey, we're moving. :lol:

we ate in the 2nd best rated restaurant in Portland yesterday. It's called Tasty and Son's, and it is owned by the same guy that has the Toro Bravo, which was rated #1. Looks like this guy has a handle on what it takes to make a winner. We had to wait an hour to get in, but there was a coffee shop right next door so we hid out in there until eating time. We had a great meal of mostly breakfast type food, but very different. Sort of a panenni style chicken hash with an egg on top, a polenta, sausage mozzarella cheese dish, topped off with a baked apple bacon sharp cheese dish with killer sauce. I don't know if I really want to leave this place.

Happy Halloween everyone. Steve & Carol

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Had a good day on the road yesterday, made it from Pahrump to Winterhaven. Hmmmmmm managed to beat Steve and Carol to the warm weather. Sure am enjoying this Shorts and T shirt weather here in Yuma. Actually I'm in the Rivers Edge RV Park just across the border from Yuma.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

10/31 to 11/7 we are at Rock Hound State Park in Deming, NM. (Then will move down to the SKP park to do laundry and such). That should just about use up the prepayment on the park pass. This park is really nice since it has been upgraded since our first visit in 2002. The views are great and so is weather. There are some open sites but we understand that in the next few weeks this place will be completely full til after Feb.

IYQ, We only had one day of 30 mile hour winds at Elephant Butte and the rest of the time there were nice soft breezes and we were able to have several campfires. The 360 degree views from the bluff are just amazing! So far that is the best NM state park we have stayed in. Riverside now has 24 cows that roam thru the campground because the river is so low and the farmer across the river lets his cows cross and refuses to put up a fence. The Ranger is the farmer's friend so no help there. The camp host tried at first to clean up but it was too overwhelming and shouldn't be a camp host's job in the first place. We will not be going near that place again.

Sailbad, looks like we were only one leg behing you. We must have brought our share of flies with us as well because even Rock Hound State Park sure has its share. But at least no cow pies!!!!!

Sandie, I sure hope that new jack is working fine and there will be no more problems. We had the same problem many years ago on our Cedar Creek. We had the jack sent ahead to our next stop in Salt Lake City, then had to hang around to wait for it. After looking at it Doug installed it rather than hang around even longer for an appointment at some RV place. Not a fun project!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

We've had an exciting month. First we had a pin box failure and had the pin box push up into the bedroom floor...that was fun to find! Thankfully our next stop was the dealer for some cosmetic work...boy was he surprised when we got there!

Then we left to wander back east and Lee fell (into the pin box of course) and so off to the emergency room for stitches. Maybe we will wander slower? Nope, our daughter calls and needs us back pronto...So 9 states in less than two weeks and we are back in Maryland. Guess we'll sit still for a couple of months. But I agree...would rather have problems ON THE Road than sitting still....

Safe travels to all. We will be going to Livingston in January...any body planning on being in the area?

Lee and Loralie

2006 Excel 5th wheel and Dodge Ram 3500

Fulltiming since Feb 1. 2009 and loving every minute!!!

Blog: http://wearereadytoroll.blogspot.com/

We've had an exciting month. First we had a pin box failure and had the pin box push up into the bedroom floor...that was fun to find! Thankfully our next stop was the dealer for some cosmetic work...boy was he surprised when we got there!

Then we left to wander back east and Lee fell (into the pin box of course) and so off to the emergency room for stitches. Maybe we will wander slower? Nope, our daughter calls and needs us back pronto...So 9 states in less than two weeks and we are back in Maryland. Guess we'll sit still for a couple of months. But I agree...would rather have problems ON THE Road than sitting still....

Safe travels to all. We will be going to Livingston in January...any body planning on being in the area?

We will be in Livingston sometime in January as soon as we finish here at Amazon. Plan to be there for at least 3 to 4 weeks to take care of doctors appts and such. Keep an eye on the map!!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Lee, it looks like you need to invest in a football helmet if you insist on using tools! I saw a neat brass divers helmet the other day at the undersea warfare museum that might work. :rolleyes:

Sorry to see you had problems, not fun while in an unfamilar area. Sounds like they did a good job of fixing it. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

168 miles and two stops to re-torque the lug nuts. It's great to be moving even though I didn't go very far. I'm in the Dry Camp area of Saguaro Co-op in Benson, AZ. Both times I stopped to re-torque the lug nuts I found loose ones. The third time I torqued them after arriving at Benson was a charm. All were tight. It sure pays to re-torque if you have had a wheel removed for any reason. I've seen too many wheels rolling down the road who have lost their RV. Tomorrow I'll go up to I-8 exit 151 to Jim Korstein Penal county park which is only another 160 miles. I may stay a few days if anyone else is in the park. I like that word FREE parking. This morning I woke up at 4 AM and every bone in my body was in pain. I took 2 tylenol then about an hour later I took 2 Ultram and finally got it comforable enough to drive so I hit the road. I'm still a little sore but not bad. I hope tomorrow is more kind to me. I sure didn't help the pain in my wrist by putting 110 lbs on the handle of that torque wrench today. Let's see. 6 lugs times 4 wheels times 3 applications is 72 times. Then 72 times 110 lbs and you get 7920 lbs of force on my poor little wrist. Now don't you feel sorry enough to offer me some Cranberry Juice to sooth my pain. LOL

168 miles and two stops to re-torque the lug nuts. I sure didn't help the pain in my wrist by putting 110 lbs on the handle of that torque wrench today. Let's see. 6 lugs times 4 wheels times 3 applications is 72 times. Then 72 times 110 lbs and you get 7920 lbs of force on my poor little wrist. Now don't you feel sorry enough to offer me some Cranberry Juice to sooth my pain. LOL

Nope!!! Haven't you heard of a cheater bar? :lol:

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

what I love about this lifestyle: as I pick up the phone to make a reservation for tomorrow in Texarkana, Paul says there is a commercial on TV for the Louisiana State Fair. Two minutes later we have a reservation for tomorrow in Shreveport, LA instead!

our chalk plan is to be in Livingston for Thanksgiving.

meantime, to reduce my internet frustrations, i am hoping to have an Ipad II shipped to me tomorrow, complete with its own data plan.....Merry early Christmas to me!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

So IYQ, does that mean the Co-op park was full? We had hoped to stop there for a couple of days in the next week or so.

Carol

No Carol, I use the Dry Camp because I only wanted to stay over night and it's easier to park there and cheaper. I have all the electric I need with my solar panels and inverter so I'd rather boondock and not have to unhitch as is required in one of the co-op spaces.

I'm at Jim Korstein county park at exit 151 I-8. I pulled in here about 10:15 am and six of my LOW friends pulled in about 3:30 pm. We had a real party going on until dark. They are all going on to Yuma tomorrow morning but I'm going to stay here a couple of days. I like this place with all the Saguaro Cactus and it's Free. I like that word "FREE". I expected it to be a little warm here but it fooled me the high today was 70 degrees. And that didn't happen untill about 4 PM.

Nope!!! Haven't you heard of a cheater bar? :lol:

Darn I guess I'll have to go to Wally World and buy a box of that cheap cranberry juice. Cheater bar. Have you seen a hardware store in the middle of the desert, where I could buy some pipe. I don't think so. Now I'm going to drink the whole box of wine and you can't have any. So There. LOL

We actually pulled up the pin today and moved. We made it to Astoria, so we are further away, but on our way??? The short trip up here was a very pretty drive along the Columbia river. The whole trip was in sunshine, but now it is raining pretty hard. I guess that's why they call this a "rain forest". Hmmmmm A number of large cargo ships are right here anchored in the river. It looks like there is quite a bit of construction going on around here, so that must be a good sign. This little RV park (pier 38) is just a small park with a few concrete slabs and gravel parking spots, but 50A and fhu's and right downtown next to the bridge to Washington. It is in a good location to explore and $25 per night, so not too bad. It looks like a number of construction guys are living here, so it was almost full even though the normal tourist season is over. We drove up to the beach on the Pacific and had to use 4x4 to get all the way, but "we could see Russia" from here :P Not sure if we are going to spend any time here or take off south tomorrow, so I guess we'll just see what the "jello ball" has in store. Happy travels, Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"