Help with electrical

New 5th wheel owners and need to know where to set this switch when unhooked from electricity and traveling down the road. Also need to know where to set it when we are unhitched, plugged in to a 50 amp, and camping.

IMG_1391.jpeg

Without knowing for sure what the switch is, I will guess that it is the battery isolation switch and if I'm right it should be in the on position anytime that your RV is in use and off only when you store it. Based on the label on the switch, it is a Blue Sea Systems Battery Switch m-Series ON/OFF with Knob, part number 6006, and is a Single Circuit ON-OFF switch. The owner's manual for the trailer probably calls it a battery isolation switch. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The owner's manual should give you the proper answer. If not, call the factory's customer service number.

I actually removed the one that came with our trailer for a time. We were installing an electrical upgrade, so many other things were replaced, too. I now have a true battery disconnect switch that is mounted very close to the batteries.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS