Need Help Disconnecting Water Pipes 2001 Atlantis

sthroop

Hello!

I got a crack in the fresh water tank of my 2001 Atlantis. I would like to pull the tank out to repair, but I need to disconnect these pipes first. I have been working on them for a few minutes without much success.

Can anyone tell what type of pipe fittings these are and if I can safety disconnect and reconnect them? Thanks!

IMG_0119.jpg

You will be a lot better off to make a cut in both pex tubes about 6" above the fittings and put a splice in them when you reinstall the tank. For the splice, you can use a sharkbite fitting, a stainless steel crimp ring (my preference) or a crimped copper ring.

Edited by GeorgiaHybrid

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

I would not try to remove the crimp ring.   That can be interesting to do. I have done it. 

But cutting them where you can splice them would be much easier. And if you use a shark bite type connector, you can remove them again with ease. The shark bite fitting has a o’ring to seal the pipe.

The only time I have had a problem with this type of fitting, is if the pipe has stamped markings on them. Mose has printed lettering on them.