Air ride

spindrift

Anyone with experience of having added and/or designed an RV to include an air ride suspension?  I'm currently evaluating the differences between the MORryde IS and Kelderman suspension systems.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

Spindrift

We have a 2005 Teton 36 Experience w/ Mor ride airex suspension. We have only had this trailer 2 years and the only thing I have had to replace was the height control valve.  It seems to ride quit smoothly since the air ride changes the suspension to independent suspension. You now have the ability to adjust the height of the trailer, the higher you go the harsher the ride, much like on an air ride hitch.This trailer has air ride and dis brakes in all 4 places.

Hope this helps

roadfitter

SKP 96308

2005 Teton 5th whl

2000 Kenworth T2000

2 hours ago, Ken C said:

Spindrift

We have a 2005 Teton 36 Experience w/ Mor ride airex suspension. We have only had this trailer 2 years and the only thing I have had to replace was the height control valve.  It seems to ride quit smoothly since the air ride changes the suspension to independent suspension. You now have the ability to adjust the height of the trailer, the higher you go the harsher the ride, much like on an air ride hitch.This trailer has air ride and dis brakes in all 4 places.

Hope this helps

roadfitter

SKP 96308

2005 Teton 5th whl

2000 Kenworth T2000

I don't believe they make that system any longer, although they do market something similar, but it's designed for single axle trailers. 

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

There are many axle companies I think. Spacecraft used Ride Well for my trailer. They came with all the components attached to the axles including tires and wheels if I remember correctly. I wanted to supply my own tires and wheels but it was one of the very few times Marsha said no.

m4J7EI4l.jpg

Mine has Drum brakes, but the newer ones have the option of disc. I would have gone with disc if I had the option. Will never wear the shoes out, but if a wheel seal goes bad you need to change them. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.