Refrigerator Dripping From Outside

Greetings all,

This is my first post about RVing.

I've been on my first RV trip with my recently purchased travel trailer for the past 2 weeks. 2019 Rockwood Ultra Lite. Today, I noticed a slow drip coming from the outside where the refrigerator is. I took off the outer panel and I see this black hose is doing it. The hose does have little holes at the end like it's supposed to be dripping. However, this is the first time I've noticed a drip coming out of that cover.

Today is the hottest day since being in use for 2 weeks.

Maybe it was just previously routed through the grate a little better? I'm not sure. The grate does have vents.

Can anyone tell me what this tube is and what's going on?

Thank you so much,

Brandon

20230707_142019.jpg

It is a condensation drip tube. Put it out one of the vent holes in the cover and forget about it.

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

Like above leave it is dripping out through the panel.  That is a normal operation.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Yep, Dometic has the condensate hose directed out through the vent slots. Norcold has the condensate hose in an evaporator cup attached to the heater box. Same result, different methods.

The button with small holes in the end of the hose is to reduce warm outside air getting back up the hose into the fridge, plus keep small insects out.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

If you have enough hose, you may want to create a small "U" before sticking out the grate.  This allows a little water to accumulate like the P trap under the sink.  This works better than the little holes to keep out insects and warm air.

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

6 hours ago, k4rs said:

If you have enough hose, you may want to create a small "U" before sticking out the grate.  This allows a little water to accumulate like the P trap under the sink.  This works better than the little holes to keep out insects and warm air.

Safe Travels...

👍👍💯

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire