Persistence Pays

rickeieio

So, this morning I got an email from our rv insurance company that some documents had been returned, and they requested an address update.  In taking care of that, I called the phone number in the email, and the person on the other end contacted a supervisor who looked at our policy and decided we are an "unacceptable risk".  Uh-oh.....  They told me that they would NOT renew our policy next time, and wouldn't listen when I explained that their own definition in their policy says we're within the criteria of a motorhome.

What to do???  I called Lazy Days Ins. in Seffner, FL, who originated our policy.  Fortunately, the person on the other end was the one who signed us up two years ago, and understands what she called "heavy tow".  She made some calls and got back to me withing 1/2 hour and said it was all fixed, the order to cancel us had been "cancelled".  Whew!!!!

So, I'm glad I didn't just accept the news from the first call, and called someone who actually knows their stuff.

For anyone else having trouble getting insurance,  I called Lazy Days Ins. Agency, 866-456-4961 and talked to Grace.  Her department head is Judy McMann.  Both are delightful to deal with.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Congratulations!  And many thanks for sharing the potential value of an insurance industry insider as an advocate.

Do you know if the Lazy Days Insurance Agency also caters to those with a South Dakota residency?  (not asking for you to call them about this if you don't already know)

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

You're most welcome Dan.

Insurance is funny stuff.  It's all in finding someone who has an open mind, and is willing to dig to help you.  I don't know the answer to whether they cater to South Dakota residents, but I do know there's a section in their policy that addresses full timing.

The thing that has been a sticking point in our case is that the policy has a grammatical glitch, of where they put an "or".  If you read it carefully, it's obvious that a truck used/designed to pull a trailer with living quarters causes it to be exempt from having to contain some of the things normally found in a motorhome.

All that said, I've had occasion where I got the wrong person, even at Lazy Days, who wouldn't accept what was written in the policy.  That's why I named the two women who have been so helpful.

Many folks here have had success with Miller Insurance.  I hit a wall with them.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Can somewhat relate as our truck is also a Class 8, where KW shows on the APP and the underwriter balks, took my agent a full two days speaking with the UW to get his attention OFF Class 8 and ON Personal Vehicle NOT FOR HIRE.

Edited by ddm502001

On 7/1/2023 at 11:57 AM, rickeieio said:

I don't know the answer to whether they cater to South Dakota residents, but I do know there's a section in their policy that addresses full timing.

I called the phone number, you provided above, and happened to get Grace.  We had a delightful short conversation in which I mentioned your complementary post about her.  She was pleased.

As for South Dakota, yes,  they do provide coverage in SD. 🙂

Thanks!

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car