Broke down need help!

runaway parents

I need help identify ing this part It is inside the rail on the Passenger side of the truck. Power steering hoses go to it and it looks like a square Box. Maybe a Junction Box definite crack in it what's it called? This is on a 08 vnl780 Lost all power steering oil completely dumped out of it. Stranded at rest area.

Does it look like this?J2B4Z1Ul.jpg

If so, it is the power steering reservoir.  Could not find one for your year of truck. This one is for earlier models.  Does not look like my reservoir on an '01 Volvo VNL 660.  

Edited by NeverEasy
Bad info corrected.

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

Googling 2008 vnl 780, looks like a round reservoir? Not finding any reference to passenger side power steering parts. Does it look like it has radiator fins? Maybe a cooler?

If it's a cooler, you should be able to route around it to get through to a dealer.

I'm a work'n on it.

It's a power steering cooler. It looks like a four inch square block has four hoses going into it. 2 for the power steering oil and the other 2 for Antifreeze coolant. We got the part coming from Seattle should be here some time around midnight or 1st thing in the morning. We'll have to run to nearest town pick up 3 five gallon buckets in new antifreeze.

Unless your coolant is old and needs replaced, or you lost it with the cooler failure, you should be able to block the lines and make the repair, then unblock the lines. Since the cooler is on the frame rail, the lines must be flexible, hopefully hose, then even harbor freight sells hose pliers that you can use to clamp off the coolant while making the repair. Just release all pressure with the radiator cap.

I'm a work'n on it.