Motorhome pricing

wtmtnhiker

Hi all,
  I'm looking at an older 2005 motorhome. It has been meticulously cared for and is in excellent condition except for some faded and peeling decals. It has very low mileage at 14,458. For the last 3 years it has been going to Florida and Maine from New Hampshire so hasn't been sitting. Previous owners I'm told used it sparingly but that it didn't sit around for long periods of time. To those who have experience with this and giving them the benefit of the doubt as far as not sitting too long, how much if any over list does the low mileage and excellent condition add to the list price. He's also throwing in a Patriot towing system (tow bar and braking device) which has good value. Average retail is 27,800 (according to J.D. Power) and asking price is 38,000. It's an Allegro Open Road on a Workhorse Chassis. Thanks for reading

Garry
2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500

If the miles are annual trips North to South and then back North with little starting in between you might be lucky. If the miles are very short trips once a week or once a month then I would not consider it being an option for putting many more miles on it. That's just my opinion though. You are the one seeing and talking to the owners.  Good luck with your potential endeavor.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Do some research on that Workhorse chassis as they havent made those in quite some time and that 8.1L Vortec engine is a good one, it does have its own personality and I am not sure what parts availability is.  Not sure how many miles they are going before needing some engine work.  I think they had some exhaust manifold issues but headers can correct that.

Marcel