CoachNet

aknavy

Mixed reviews on my first use of them.  My truck won't go into gear - I suspect it's the clutch adjustment or clutch brake.  The first answer from them for a tow was "It's not attached to the trailer, it's not covered."  After an hour and a couple calls and escalation to a supervisor, and asking them how it's not covered by the "all personal vehicles" in the policy coverages, they changed their verdict.  Then the answer was that we'll tow it to the nearest qualified service center, which is a dealer with poor reviews.  They allowed me to change the destination to another shop that was 2 miles further away.  So, I'm now awaiting a verdict on the repair - hopefully I'm right about the clutch adjustment and I get an inexpensive repair and get the truck back tomorrow.

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

13 hours ago, aknavy said:

Mixed reviews on my first use of them.  My truck won't go into gear - I suspect it's the clutch adjustment or clutch brake.  The first answer from them for a tow was "It's not attached to the trailer, it's not covered."  After an hour and a couple calls and escalation to a supervisor, and asking them how it's not covered by the "all personal vehicles" in the policy coverages, they changed their verdict.  Then the answer was that we'll tow it to the nearest qualified service center, which is a dealer with poor reviews.  They allowed me to change the destination to another shop that was 2 miles further away.  So, I'm now awaiting a verdict on the repair - hopefully I'm right about the clutch adjustment and I get an inexpensive repair and get the truck back tomorrow.

Just a personal observation and my dealings with Good Sams and other service contract companies they are more than eager for you to pay your premiums but less than willing to cover their agreed services.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Like a lot of things now days, it seems location could be a factor.

Here's a recent youtube video from the Traveling Marlins whom have a class A, and needed to use Coachnet. They're plenty happy with how they were treated.

So far, I'm pretty lucky and have not had to deal with insurance claims, nor towing service request from Coachnet etc. But I do understand that this is 2023, and people in general suck. So trying to hire a person to politely and properly handle a call center for towing a vehicle is going to be very difficult.

I'm a work'n on it.

Just remember, if one day you need to make the call, DO NOT use certain words or terms that put the image of a commercial vehicle in the mind of the person on the other end.  DW did that when we were stranded on the Alaska Highway.  She used the "semi" word.  Game over.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

On 5/17/2023 at 5:38 PM, rickeieio said:

Just remember, if one day you need to make the call, DO NOT use certain words or terms that put the image of a commercial vehicle in the mind of the person on the other end.  DW did that when we were stranded on the Alaska Highway.  She used the "semi" word.  Game over.

Yeah, I can see that...but, I needed a heavier wrecker to move the truck, and if I had not described the truck accurately, I'd have gotten a rollback or lightweight wrecker. 

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon