wireless rear view camera systems

Truck

I'm looking to put in a rear view camera system...not just a back up camera, but one that is on all the time.  I would like to use a wireless camera that I could have on truck when bobtailing or put on what ever trailer I'm using (I have multiple) thus I thought wireless would work the best because I could move it to where I needed.  It could also be used as a hitch hook up camera when needed.

Also would love to use a rear view mirror monitor so it is natural to look at to see what is behind me.  

What have ya'll been using that you recommend?

Truck 

I did not have much luck with wireless so I cut the cable on the transmitter and extended it to the battery box on the trailer.  Connected it to the running light closest to it so turning on the trailer lights turns on the camera.  Same on the truck end.  Cut the receiver cable and extended it to a plastic box on the hitch.  

Check out these posts.  Some sound like they have had success.

https://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/139353-wireless-back-up-and-hitch-camera-set-up/#comment-1020018

https://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/137103-back-up-camera-system/#comment-995775

https://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/128366-back-up-cam-and-tpms-ideas-please/

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

I don't like the delay built into the wireless camera systems. I inherited an expensive one on our new trailer (both sides and the rear). 15 frames per second and up to 2-second delay. You run into something before you see it on the monitor.

I put in wired cameras. One high on the back of the cab looking down on the Smart Car and bed. One on a magnet-mounted post at the hitch. I can move it to the rear looking down if I use a tongue tow trailer. And I ran two to the trailer. One in the toy hauler garage and the other on the rear looking back. My monitor can do a side-by-side split of any 2, all 4 at once, or individual cameras. No delay in the image as well.

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

Not sure from your post if you're aware, the cameras need power, so if you're going to move it from one vehicle to another you might want some kind of quick-connect wire thingy on whatever vehicle/trailer you'll be using it on. The "wireless" part is the camera talking to the monitor - which also requires a power source. 🙂

We just installed our VisionWorks camera, and the monitor has settings you can set so the image is normal instead of mirrored. It's a wireless system, but the camera and the monitor both require power. VisionWorks makes camera systems for Ag equipment, so we thought it would stand up to the rigors of full-time RVing. We will see.

0509211517a-tiny.jpg.0313fb3892d85eca18617732fa6d04ac.jpg

2007 Freightliner M2-112, 68' connected

2021 New Horizons Majestic 45' toyhauler

2001 Kawasaki Concours

2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic

ALAKAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMD