Backup Camera?

I have a 2000 Suncruser with a backup camera. I would like to be able to turn it on while the engine is not running and also not have to turn on ignition. I would like to quietly see what's going on out back without having anyone back there know I am peeping.

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

That should be easy to do by just running a 12V supply with a switch in it. Exactly how will depend on the system that you have but it should be pretty easy as long as you have reasonably good access behind the dash where it is mounted. Keep in mind that if powered from the starting battery you could run the battery down with it.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 3 months later...
On 2/13/2023 at 7:39 PM, homelesshartshorns said:

I have a 2000 Suncruser with a backup camera. I would like to be able to turn it on while the engine is not running and also not have to turn on ignition. I would like to quietly see what's going on out back without having anyone back there know I am peeping.

if you would need to make modifications to your RV's electrical system, here is a general outline of the steps you may consider:

Identify the power source: Determine if your backup camera is currently connected to a power source that is only active when the engine is running. You may need to locate the specific fuse or wiring connected to the backup camera to understand how it is currently powered.

Install a separate power source: To power the backup camera without the engine running or the ignition turned on, you would need to install a separate power source, such as a dedicated battery or an auxiliary power supply. This power source should be capable of providing the necessary voltage and current for the backup camera.

Wiring and switch installation: Connect the backup camera to the new power source using appropriate wiring and connectors. Additionally, you can install a switch or control mechanism that allows you to activate the camera without the need to turn on the ignition. This switch should be discreetly located and easily accessible for your convenience.

Testing and safety considerations: After making the necessary modifications, test the setup to ensure that the backup camera is receiving power from the new source and functioning correctly. It is important to follow safety guidelines and electrical wiring standards to prevent any hazards or damage to the RV's electrical system.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire