May 17, 2020

lappir

Will all the talk about the Spy Balloon got me thinking about the several weeks in 2020 that I had nothing to do but stare up in the sky.  Attached  are  some photos I took and posted on social media.

I now wonder if I should have called law enforcement or the military. 

Rod

1q2xkh2l.jpg

Ke75vP5l.jpg

oWHroigl.jpgThe first photo was with just the camera and what I first saw lying in my recliner lawn chair sitting outside. The next two shots were my attempts to use an old Telescope to get a better shot. Didn't work out as I thought it would. Next thing I knew the UFO was gone. It had been in my view for over an hour though. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

The National Weather Service routinely sends up weather balloons to high altitude.

When I was active in ham radio there was a group in Colorado that would periodically send up balloons to see what altitude they could reach and also contained instruments for research. They contained a transponder that operated in the ham frequencies and the ham community would help track its decent for recovery.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

17 hours ago, Chalkie said:

The National Weather Service routinely sends up weather balloons to high altitude.

When I was active in ham radio there was a group in Colorado that would periodically send up balloons to see what altitude they could reach and also contained instruments for research. They contained a transponder that operated in the ham frequencies and the ham community would help track its decent for recovery.

The National Weather Service has weather balloon releases are usually twice a day from many locations. The times of the releases are very specific and if there is a delay the releases are not done until the next scheduled time. My daughter had a friend who did much of the release activity in Tallahassee when she was in her undergrad Meteorology education. 

I did contact her at the time wondering if it was a weather balloon. She had transferred to the NWS in Norman, OK by that time working on Post Graduate studies. Can't remember what she said about it.  

I'm not saying the photos depicted a "Spy" balloon, but that I saw something similar to what the "Media" is showing now also in  photos from 2020.  

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.