travel safety

dragonfly

Happy Holiday's to fellow RV'ers:  

Will soon be leaving Livingston to Galveston Island State Park.   My question is regarding  safety after that; has anyone had recent experience/recommendations for travel along the border?    Possible heading to Big Bend, also places in-between.  

Thank-you for your time. 

Dragon fly travelers

Thank-you. for the response. and yes,  I do read the news.  (What you don't believe everything you read!! HA!).  Also  a  fellow escapee I met mentioned the potential situation.  

We are full time less than a year so, I will certainly defer to you.

Thanks, see you on the road

Dragonfly Traverers 

35 minutes ago, dragonfly said:

Also  a  fellow escapee I met mentioned the potential situation.  

Such stories abound in the RV community and a few of them are actually true but the key is in choosing your locations to spend the night or to leave your RV. Just use your own feelings and if you don't feel safe, don't stay there or look for a place with several other RVs.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Scroll down this site a little to 'Key Findings'.  Where you are now - Galveston - is high on crime.  Pick any place in the U.S. and it has crime.  How many stories have you read of border crossers committing crime?  They didn't travel all that way to commit crimes.  You're probably safer along the border than in any big city.

https://www.areavibes.com/galveston-tx/crime/

You mentioned Big Bend - it's safe.  We've been there many times. Excellent hiking. It's a national park and has federal officers manning it.   Nearby Lajitas and Terlingua are popular places to stay, also.

I'd recommend a stop at Fort Davis State Park - neat area.  Take a tour of the observatory!

Have a good trip and put faith in mankind!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel