Surge Protector Rating

My new Park Model is rated for 50 amps however the power to my site is only 30 amps.  Not a big deal as we did not opt for a washer and drier and use propane for heating, hot water and cooking.    I am looking to add a surge protector, specifically a Progressive Industries EMS model.  My question, and I have seen various opinions, is whether I should get a 50 amp model to match the unit or a 30 amp model to match the power to the site.  I asked this question on their website but never got a response which is a bit concerning as far as customer service goes.  I am currently on a seasonal site and I am unlikely to be moving and there is no plan to upgrade the power to the site.   While I am at it is anyone else using one of these models and what other surge protectors are people using that they would recommend?

Typically a stand alone 30 Amp plug in surge protector has the 3 pin 30 amp Male and Female TT-30 plugs and receptacles, while of course, a 50 Amp has NEMA 14-50R 4 pin plugs and receptacles, so I agree with Kirk use a 30 Amp surge protector plugged into the parks 30 Amp receptacle ASSUMING THATS WHAT THE PARK HAS AND WHAT YOIU USE ?? 

When you say your park model is rated for 50 Amps, does it have a 50 Amp 4 Pin 14 50P plug (two legs of 120)  ?? If so and iffffffffff the pedestal is only 30 Amp 3 pin TT-30R single leg of 120 receptacle, you need a 30 to 50 adapter (or is it hard wired to the park as I have seen ??) 

If your park model is wired and configured for 50 Amp 120/240 with two legs of 120 but you plug into a 30 amp receptacle using an adapter, you have no 240 and are limited to ONLY the 30 amps. If you ever moved to a park that has the 50 amp and your park model is 50 amp then a 50 amp surge protector would be in order.  

John T

Edited by oldjohnt