LP gen

ashton23l

I would think that it would be pretty simple since there are generators that are set up to run either fuel. Back in the late 70's and into the early 80's we owned a Dodge Ramcharger that was dual fuel, having a propane tank similar to the one in a motorhome as well as the gasoline tank. It was just a matter of flipping a switch to change which fuel was to be used. Looking on Amazon, both Champion and Pulsar currently sell dual fuel, inverter generators. Does your generator still have the fuel tank?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 5 months later...

A friend of mine has a Honda 2000 converted to LP gas, BUT it also run on regular gas.  

Depending on use, a propane generator could be a lot better than a gas generator.  I have had one for 23 years in my off-grid house and it starts in all sorts of weather ALL THOSE YEARS.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

I have a pair of Ryobi 2300w gennies converted to run on LP.  These units have a carb drain plug that makes it easy to drain if it won't be used for a few days/weeks and I was very diligent about draining the carb bowls.  Even so, after the second carb replacement I decided that LP is the way to go.  If you have a bulk LP tank or can hook up to the RV LP system it is a no brainer.  And if you can't get LP, just fill it with gas and unplug the LP - no conversion needed.  

John, Jean and Mea the Super Springer Spaniel
2019 Entegra Aspire 44B
2022 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk

• 6 months later...

With today's Gas, better off to remain on LP.  Ethanol is in ALL Gas these days, a Scattered Few stations offer Pure Gas but at a really stiff premium as well is 'Reformulated' that has shortened shelflife to around six to 8 Weeks where loses octane starting Week one, fought that boating.  Reformulating is a the use of lesser grade petroleum base and cracking that with exotic Catalytic systems to derive a Base Naptha for producing gasoline.  Very Unstable compound so degrades rapidly.