Any Photographers out there?

Just curious. The Wife and I been shooting wild life for a couple years now....I see we cant load real photos here but I have other sources that can accommodate my hobby....

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

I've been able to post .jpg to the forums.  I've heard there is total attachment size limit for your account that may force you to delete older images so that you could post more..
For the pictures I have posted, most of them have needed to be modified in either Lightroom or Photoshop to reduce resolution, size, color pallette, or all three to get them to the size required for an upload.

There really wasn't a question in your post, so I hope this anticipates what you were thinking of.

Edited by franco-bolli
spelling corrections

+++++++++++_____________________________________+++++++++++

2021 Ram 3500  2017 Arctic Fox 25W(to be traded??)
HAM guy (Ke7FIX), photography, woodworking (mostly sawdust),
Electronics Technician,  USAF DAV

Going where everyone has gone before

event.png                                             

• 2 months later...

I was only courious to find people interseted in taking pictures. I find if you want to upload photos and show them off like on this blog. I would use something like wordpress and then ad the link to my post here. 

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

On 3/12/2022 at 5:51 PM, homelesshartshorns said:

Just curious. The Wife and I been shooting wild life for a couple years now....I see we cant load real photos here but I have other sources that can accommodate my hobby....

https://www.facebook.com/homelesshartshorns/photos/1417712458641817

I was not so interested in showing off photos here but looking for people interested in the hobby. You have a nice day and thanks for comments.....

Thanks for the info. I checked out there facebook group but I find there only showing images where if your interested in improving your photography a group like this "Photography Beginners Group | Facebook" is better in my book.....

Edited by homelesshartshorns

• 4 months later...
On 5/25/2022 at 8:19 AM, homelesshartshorns said:

I was not so interested in showing off photos here but looking for people interested in the hobby. You have a nice day and thanks for comments.....

I missed your post until now. I took up photography about a year and a half ago. I am very interested in it and working pretty hard to get better at it. I would love to have someone with similar interests to talk with about photography.

Wayne

wfoote@me.com

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

I have been stumbling around with photography for several years. I am still the Guy with "More Money than Talent"

14 hours ago, homelesshartshorns said:

I have been stumbling around with photography for several years. I am still the Guy with "More Money than Talent"

I suspect that describes most of us doing this. I've taken a couple of online courses and try to shoot frequently. The very good shots are still few and far between. I like to think that gap is narrowing, but days like today make me think otherwise. I don't think I have shot anything more difficult than today at Wright Brothers Memorial. Big, flat open spaces that dwarf every subject to insignificance. Flat gray sky with no cloud contour. Ugh.

I am happy to talk shop if you want.

Wayne

Jinx and Wayne

Not sure how to talk shop, I have spent most of my time in Photography watching videos. I started out doing birds and wildlife. And have been pleased with that for the most part. I would like to get better at Portraits and Landscape but editing is my down fall. I am some kind of color blind and unless pictures are very rich they dont do much for me. I have never got past using DPP4, which might be holding me back. We are fulltimers so I have plunty of opportunity to find good subjects. And as stated its not for a lack of good gear. But I do still have the excitment of the chase and catch, but lots of dissapointments at the editing desk.  

I think you were talking shop. Just a guess.

Which videos are you watching? Last year my daughter gave me a Great Courses gift certificate for my birthday. I bought the NatGeo Fundamentals of Photography and got hooked.  I recently started working my way through Fundamentals II.

I've taken a couple of online courses - Secrets of Better Photography and Photographing Nature w/DSLR. I'm currently taking a Lightroom course. The course that helped the most was Secrets. The Nature course was a disappointment due to the instructor's lack of engagement. I'm not far enough into Lightroom to say much about it.

I'm not sure what you mean by DPP-4; I'm pretty sure it is not dipeptidyl peptidase 4 which is the only reference I could find through Google. I started using the Photo app on my Mac and then went to Lightroom. It made a big difference. There are some pretty good YouTube videos for Lightroom. The processing tools are very good. It is subscription; $10.66 for Lightroom and Photoshop. I use Lightroom Classic because it is not cloud based. I can use it without internet access. I have yet to try Photoshop.

We are also fulltime. I'm shooting mostly critters, architecture and birds, but I also shoot events - All-Florida Rodeo, Sopchoppy Worm Gruntin' Festival, etc. I avoid portraits whenever possible.

What are you using for camera gear?

Do you want to take this off forum? If so respond to my email.

Wayne

Jinx and Wayne

Digital Photo Professional 4, Its a Canon Editor. Its free with your canon camera. As a fulltimer "Free" is very much part of my thought process. My Email: homelesshartshorns@gmail.com

We are skipping Flordia this year and have slipped into Texas this week and getting some work done on the rig and waiting for the Election to be over to see how things shake out.