dish network satelite

Kenber

1 hour ago, Angelcollector said:

Another option is if you have internet and a smart tv you can access the Dish Anywhere app and watch via your receiver at home.  It has to be run on a phone or tablet but you may be able to project to the smart tv from your devise.  You can also access Dish Anywhere from a browser on a smart tv.  But all if dependent on if you have decent speed internet.

We use the DishAnywhere app on our TV's using a FireTVstick connected to each one. 

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

6 minutes ago, Angelcollector said:

Thanks, I did not know about the Fire Stick.  I have never used one before but it does sound simpler.  I understand it plugs into the HDMI of the Smart TV.  Do you then have to run from that small devise to a power plug?  Or does it have a built in battery?

The Firestick comes with a standard USB plug in power supply, but I power mine using a USB port on my TV's. As long as the TV has an HDMI port, the Firestick will work. It does not have to be a "Smart" TV.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2022 at 10:13 AM, Kenber said:

I guess they would work though

I have the DISH for RV in addition to my home service ($7 more per month).

So - called DISH to ask about internet service.  According to the person i spoke to, it's via DSL (NOT via sat).

Didn't ask if a cell phone line would work.  Maybe I should ask again!

And - YES - when I had DirecTV, I would simply take a receiver from home along in the RV.  No big deal.

Sorry for the duplicates!  - Maybe a Mod can delete them. After inputting my post, I would get a "must wait 16 seconds" , in red, before posting again.  (I was not posting more than once).

OK waited.....and then posted.  No result - same message.  Waited a few minutes.  Tried again.

First time I ever encountered this 'glitch" - but apparently the forum was accepting the posts AND duplicates.

🙃

Edited by Pappy Yokum

28 minutes ago, Pappy Yokum said:

I have the DISH for RV in addition to my home service ($7 more per month).

So - called DISH to ask about internet service.  According to the person i spoke to, it's via DSL (NOT via sat).

Didn't ask if a cell phone line would work.  Maybe I should ask again!

And - YES - when I had DirecTV, I would simply take a receiver from home along in the RV.  No big deal.

BTW - (IMO) Firestick doesn't come close to Roku.  Have both.

If DSL isn't available Dish will sell you Hughesnet.  We have that but I don't recommend it and Dish doesn't sell it for mobile applications.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift