Fresh water tank.....

aknavy

My first time driving a tractor/trailer.......  Old International COE with a 903 Cummins and 10 spd. Fuller, pulling a 5,000 gal. unbaffled fertilizer  (10.6 lb/gal.) trailer.  It was about half full.  I had to pull out onto a busy highway going up hill, then go through town with 4 or 5 traffic signals.  I learned a lot in that 2 miles.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

We had to haul water for our house for a couple of years.  We used a 425 gallon unbaffled tank in a 3/4 ton diesel.  This was in the mountains.  While I could feel the sloshing it wasn't severe or dangerous.  Even with partial loads that PU was heavy enough to handle that much.  I now have 2-100 gallon water tanks on our HDT.  One is for fresh water and one is for waste water.  Occasionally we also carry a couple of 50 gallon barrels to help our boondocking friends.  Our car is a Subaru loaded length wise with the tanks on either side of the car.  I can't detect the sloshing at all on the HDT.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

11 hours ago, rickeieio said:

My first time driving a tractor/trailer.......  Old International COE with a 903 Cummins and 10 spd. Fuller, pulling a 5,000 gal. unbaffled fertilizer  (10.6 lb/gal.) trailer.  It was about half full.  I had to pull out onto a busy highway going up hill, then go through town with 4 or 5 traffic signals.  I learned a lot in that 2 miles.

Ya it is quite a thing - especially when you are trying to float shift on the jake to impress them pretty girls 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 6:02 AM, lappir said:

Where did you put it? When full it could weigh almost 1000 lbs. according to my calculation. 

Rod

Hi Rod. I used to carry it in the bed of my dually but it was heavy. On the Kenworth I have a set of 3” ratchet straps that hold it against the frame and under the bed with extra bracing. At some point I will finish the lower bed cabinet that it will ride in all nice and clean.