Dewinterizing

MarkB

So I recently de-winterized my motorhome in preparation for my first trip next weekend.  As part of the de-winterizing process I ran the washer for a cycle to flush out the pink stuff.  I tried to blow out the airlines by hooking up a compressor and turning on all the faucets.  I did not do anything with the washer or the refrigerator icemaker.  I did leave open up the low point drains and drain all the tanks.  I'm worried now because the temps are supposed to drop tonight to 25 degrees.  I thought I read somewhere that the washer might still have water in it somewhere that could damage the washer and that I'm unsure if gravity would have drained the water lines to the washer and the icemaker.  I would appreciate advice here.  My motorhome is at a storage lot and so my only potential strategy would be to bring in to my house tonight and run the furnace or a small electric heater to keep it warm inside.

A lot depends on how long it will stay below freezing and how cold it will get inside of the RV. If it was warmed up to near a comfortable temperature inside when you were there, it would take quite a few hours for it to get cold enough inside to cause problems. Unless it is going to stay below freezing for more than a few hours, I doubt very much that you will have any problems. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Through the years I have experienced what will not freeze water solid enough to burst plumbing. If daytime highs reach 50° and nighttime lows stay above 27°, residual daytime heat will prevent broken plumbing in an RV. As Kirk said, night time lows usually only occur between 3 hours prior to and at total sunrise.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961