Regen - code message on dash

Vegas Teacher

Hello all,

960,000 miles on my 2010, Volvo 780.

I am out with my wife for another round of Schutzhund training in Pahrump. It is Friday about 7:30, we pull into Simpkins Park for the night / weekend. I have a friend who is a friend with the Sheriff's office and they call them to let them know we are going to be there and they do a couple, three drive bys in the night to make sure we are safe.

So anyway we are just on the north side of Pahrump and you can see the city lights, my dashboard lights up and says Regen required, so as I am going down the road I flip through the screens and find Regen, not a problem but then the truck refuses to do the Regen while moving and gives me another message saying Parked Regen Required. So I think O.K. Simpkins Park is only about 10 minutes from where I am I can run the Regen there as soon as I get parked. WELL not so fast there......... I pull in, put the truck in park and pull the air brakes. Next I go through the menu select manual Regen again and.............. NOTHING happens except I get an error code that Regen Failed Check Status Menu, Next I get a code again that says Request Parked Regen. So I turn off the semi, and give it a minute to think, I turn it on and try the whole process all over again and NOTHING same error code, same message. 

At this point I am getting a little frustrated. I took pictures of each message and error code and I sent them to Steve, the mechanic at True Blue. Now please understand this is Friday night, now it is close to 8:00 p.m. I told him what was going on and like I said I sent him pictures on a text message to his phone at his house where he is probably starting to enjoy his weekend. It wasn't more than 2 minutes later Steve calls me, I go through everything with him on the phone. First he tells me to take a breath and to step on the brake pedal and go through the process all over again. Regen takes and goes through its cycle for about 20 to 30 minutes. Engine heat climbs to about 210 degrees but all is good. Code clears, messages clear and dumby light turns off on the dash.

I know I have talked about my experience with True Blue before. I know have talked about Steve before. Please understand in Vegas Customer Service varies from place to place, However I can't say enough good things about Steve and True Blue Consulting & Repair LLC - 702-979-8480, 3451 Losee Rd, North Las Vegas 89030. Steve is a one of a kind here in Vegas. He could have ignored my text, instead he called me, he did not text, he called. It took him 30 seconds to tell me what to do and then stayed on the phone with me until I was up and going. He called me at 9:00 to see if all went well and if the messages had cleared. This is a great person! I really can't begin to express how different he is from the rest of Vegas. If you are ever making a run through Vegas, and anything seems the least little bit off, stop in and see him. He will also look at Class A diesel pushers and Super C's, but I think his hourly rate for that is 110.00 per hour.

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory Ossana 

It's always good to here about good customer service.  I'm glad he was able to help you out.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg