VA Continue Debt Relief

USAFE7Ret.

VA Offers Continued Debt Relief Options to Veterans

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) reaffirmed its commitment to extend debt relief for Veterans through Sept. 30. VA will continue suspension of collection on all Veteran benefit overpayments and medical copayment debts incurred after April 1, 2020.  

VA is suspending this debt collection to provide Veterans continued financial relief due to the COVID-19 pandemic. 

"My top priority right now is to do everything in our power to help our Veterans, caregivers and their families get through this challenging COVID-19 pandemic," said VA Secretary Denis McDonough. "VA will continue to find ways to provide real relief to 2 million Veterans and their families as we fight through this health crisis together." 

To assist with making informed choices for their situation, VA will notify Veterans of the existence of their current debt and available expansive relief options. These options include making payments, extending repayment plans, waivers, compromises and temporary hardship suspensions. 

For health care co-payment debts, Veterans should contact the Health Resource Center at 866-400-1238 for payments.

2020 FR3 34DS, Blue Ox Avail, SMI Stay-In-Play Duo Braking System, Snap Pad, Tire Minder TPMS-i10-10.

The debt relief is good but the invoice they sent me recently for past due is not. I do believe that I would have been better off to keep making my prescription payments on regular monthly payments. In the end I will be making my new payments plus the amount owed for past due. The statement they sent was for over $500 for the relief they gave. Not much of a relief.

2006 Elite Suite 36TK3
2001 F-550 Starhauler
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST

I use 2 VA systems and one has sent me a bill and the other has not. I paid the one I received thinking like travlinbob and I had to get a blood test recently so check with the lady at the pay window and she looked up my current balance with them and plan to start making payment at least after I file my taxes this year. Soon I hope.