Trav'ler/Hopper 3/DPH42 Problems

We had the DPH42 installed on our Trav'ler and we've had it working properly.  However, all of a sudden, we can't get Satellite 129.

I've gone through the steps outlined here:

https://rvseniormoments.com/tech-docs/dish-tv-for-rvs/hopper-3-use-in-an-rv/dph42-switch-hopper-3-option-instead-of-modifying-your-travler/

These are the steps the author says to do if you've gone through the Test Installation and find one satellite missing:

If you get missing satellites, do the following:
(1) Perform another Test Installation.
(2) Soft reset your Hopper 3. (“Soft Reset” = push the Red button on the front of your Hopper 3.)
(3) Hard reset your Hopper 3 AND your DPH42 switch. (“Hard Reset” = pull the plug.)

I've done this numerous times and have even lowered the antenna and raised it again.  DH even went up on the roof and tightened all the connections (some were loose).  Still missing the 129 satellite.  

We're currently in Henderson, NV and will be traveling south to Yuma soon.  We thought we'd stop at Satellite Advantage in Quartzsite and have them troubleshoot.  In the meantime, I figured I'd ask here if there is anything else we can do, or if you know of a place in Henderson or Las Vegas that could troubleshoot.

The programs we're missing are the locals (I'm sure there are others, but all the other channels we watch regularly are available).  While we're in the Las Vegas area,  I can pick up locals on the OTA antenna, so I'm not in a big panic about it, but would like to get the problem solved. 

Edited by LindaH

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Second question:  Is there a website that tells which satellite which locals are on?  We changed to Billings locals before we left home because they're CONUS.  Obviously, Billings comes on 129.  We could change to Tucson, Phoenix, or even Yuma (although they're just SD) if they come on a different satellite.

Edited by LindaH

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

Do you see a good signal on satellite 129?  If so then I would think that possibly the Billings, MT locals are not really CONUS.

Why not just switch to Phoenix locals or San Diego?  Note that the Phoenix spot beam is marginal in Yuma, but San Diego has a strong signal.  We used both when we were in the area in 2017.

BTW here is a map for the Billings, MT locals spot beam:

Well I guess I won't attach an image.  Size of file is much too large.

Anyways the Billings spot beam shows as local to MT and WY.

Here is a link to an old listing for the Billings local channels:  https://www.satelliteguys.us/retired/index.php?search=dnall&sub=true&market=Billings, MT

Edited by Al F

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

For Dish, you can go to the bottom of this web page and click on the channel line up for what package you have. I wish they had the list by satellite number and not by Channel name. I had to create my own spread sheet to make a list by the satellite number

https://my.dish.com/support/dishoutdoors

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

2 hours ago, Al F said:

Do you see a good signal on satellite 129?  If so then I would think that possibly the Billings, MT locals are not really CONUS.

There was no signal on 129.  When I ran the Test Installation, all the lines for 129 had big red "X's" in them.

Strangely, yesterday evening when I turned everything on again, the 129 had miraculously appeared again.  I have no idea why it went away or why it's back again.  For now.

Billings is CONUS -- now that the 129 is back, we can watch the locals from there.

Always before, to get from home to where we spend the winter, I'd have to change locals 3 times and then do the same thing going back in the Spring.  With a conus station, I only have to change once in the fall and once in the spring.

Edited by LindaH

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul